Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000: Can't find the 2.4 Ghz band anymore

luh
Aspirant
Aspirant

R8000: Can't find the 2.4 Ghz band anymore

I have a Netgear Nighthawk x6-router, Model R8000.

I am not able to find the 2.4 Ghz Band anymore (neither in my laptop nor my mobilphone), only the 5 Ghz band is visible.

How can I solve this issue? (I have of course restared the router several times)

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R8000: Can't find the 2.4 Ghz band anymore

Try a factory reset by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then release. When the LEDs on top change, Pull the power adapter from the wall outlet for 30 seconds then plug back in. When the router is ready, log into 192.168.1.1 with a wired PC or laptop and walk thru the setup wizard. 

Is the 2.4Ghz LED on top lit White or Amber? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then release. When the LEDs on top change, Pull the power adapter from the wall outlet for 30 seconds then plug back in. When the router is ready, log into 192.168.1.1 with a wired PC or laptop and walk thru the setup wizard. 

Is the 2.4Ghz LED on top lit White or Amber? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Are you using smart connect? 

Smart connect combines the 3x bands into one band so they don't show up different. 

For a while, it only combined the 5ghz bands and not the 2.4ghz but there was an update (quite a while ago) that supported all 3 bands. 

Message 3 of 5
luh
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the Reset of the router the 2.4GHz band was visible again.

Thanks👍

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7