Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000 lost ability for Remote Management Dec 2016

BuckyB803
Aspirant

R8000 lost ability for Remote Management Dec 2016

Early December 2016, lost ability to Remotely Manage R8000 router.  Router is in remote location and unable to work on in person.  Any way to connect remotely in order to update firmware for recent Security Issue.  Again....I have remote management enabled and worked fine until early Dec 2016. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
BuckyB803
Aspirant

I was unable to fix remotely.  However, there was a power outage at the remote location which forced the R8000 router to reboot and thus Remote Management was reinstated.  I then accessed the router from remote location and updated the firmware.  First time I've been thankful for a power outage.  Pretty frustrated that the R8000 remote management was disabled for whatever reason for 3-4 weeks. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi BuckyB803,

Remote management is the only way you can access the router on a remote location. If you have working desktop on the location of the router, you can have Remote desktop or have someone to update the firmware.

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi BuckyB803,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 4
BuckyB803
Aspirant

I was unable to fix remotely.  However, there was a power outage at the remote location which forced the R8000 router to reboot and thus Remote Management was reinstated.  I then accessed the router from remote location and updated the firmware.  First time I've been thankful for a power outage.  Pretty frustrated that the R8000 remote management was disabled for whatever reason for 3-4 weeks. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7