Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000 new install tried going to www.routerlogin.net page seys computer not reconized by wi fi n

mikeb3
Aspirant

R8000 new install tried going to www.routerlogin.net page seys computer not reconized by wi fi netwo

Installed netgear cm700 modem conected to charter box and computer. conected to internet. turned off modem and conected to new R8000 used auto set up. searced for my my netgear18 connection and intered password and computer said connected. Following instructions went to router log in page and it said that it could not show log in page because computer not joined to my wifi network. Closest I could find on trouble shooting was coment to make sure connected to network. If going to the right ssid and intering right password is not how to connect computer to wifi network, then what is right methode so that I can get login page to show log in. On computer it shows signal strenth to be excelent with 5 bars. it also shows a yellow explanation point on bars but does not give any reason for exclamation point. I tried to connect wifi to another computer enteried pass word had same 5 bars and point. No internet connection trouble shooting said no ip address found on router. On this sights sujestions for simular problem they loaded geni for auto set up on sell phone. I don;t have a cell phone to apply this solution. Any sujestions to help me get this system working?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R8000 new install tried going to www.routerlogin.net page seys computer not reconized by wi fi n

Hi mikeb3,

1. Can you provide me the screenshot of the error message that your see when trying to access the UI.

2. Try to use a different computer to connect to the router and access the UI. Use a different web browser.

3. Access the UI using the IP address (e.g 192.168.1.1).

4. Reset the router.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13

All Replies
William10a
Master

Have you reboot the network including the modem?

Message 2 of 13
TheWorstPing
Apprentice

which internet provider?

Message 3 of 13
mikeb3
Aspirant

Hi thanks for responding. If by rebuting you mean pushing the power off button on the modem and router, waiting over ten seconds then waiting for both to get all lights back then trying log in to connect to router adjust area then the anser is yes with the same results. No battery back up to remove is mentioned in literature for devices. The high speed model CM700 netgear modem was recomended to go with the model r8000 router as a purchas bundle from Amazon. I encountered a instalation problem when going from the ancient 10 to 20 year old modem/router to the new modem. The new modem required a cable connection from the charter cable box to the modem instead of the yellow wire being used by the old modem. Also there were an aditional yellow and blue wire connected to the old modem that the new one had no connections for. The guss solution that had no smarts to back it up with, was to use a splitter to alow the cable to conect with the providers box and direct from the wall cable to the new modem. My guss was that this would replace the yellow wire that was used. I verified that it worked by connecting to the internet with the yellow wire going from the new modem to the adjacent computer. I then followed instructions and powered off the modem, reconected the yellow wire from the computer to the new router. I then gused a solution for the extra yellow and blue wire that were connected to the old modem would be to connect them to the same type connections on the router. This hard wired a connection from the router to the computer. I verified internet connection then encountered the not being able to acess the log in page due to the computer not being part of the router network. After reading comunity problems and solutions I gused that the log in page that allows adjustments that I need to made to the router is a result of the log in page not allowing the hard wired internet connection. The computer I was using had always been hared wired and had no wifi antana. I beleave one person may have called it a dongle. The spare computer antana I had required drivers that wern't on that computer. using numerous trouble shooting auto configure computer programs I eventually lost internet connection and couldn't locate or down load drivers. Being late on a weekend and not getting any were, I disconnected the new & reinstalled the old, used the go back of the computer to go to a time before I messed it up. I then asked for comunity help. One thing that seems to be consistent when using the computer trouble shooters to determin why no internet connectivity is both computers claim that they won't connect to the router network because they don't reconize the IP address of the new router. I'm gusing the solution to this is connecting to the log in so that I can make adjustments to the router for the unreconizabe ip address if that is there some were. So that leaves me with computers that need to join the net work But won't becaust the log in sight won't acept a wired connection to the computer. Bacically a dog getting dizzy chasing his tail. I will be bussy with the planting of the lawn, installing the fence and yard work for several days. I'm hoping the comunity will know my pain and posibly have a antidote to dizzyness. Thanks. 

Message 4 of 13
mikeb3
Aspirant

Charter. Its a internet, phone and cable bundle. detailes of wiring and hook up proceedures are long and in my other post. Thanks for responding.

Message 5 of 13
William10a
Master

Here is the connection path to follow

1 If using the yellow lan cable netgear plug the yellow cable into the lan port of the modem next the other end of the yellow lan cable goes to the yellow internet port of the netgear r8000 router.

2 Any wired lan cables go to the lan ports of the netgear router.

Is this the way your's is ?

Message 6 of 13
mikeb3
Aspirant

Yes. The modem had a cable connected to the cable port from the wall. It only had the one yellow Lan port which I connected the yellow wire to the router yellow Lan port. The other two lan wires were connected to the other 4 or 5 lan port connection area. Except for the power plug there were no other connection ports on the new modem. 

Message 7 of 13
mikeb3
Aspirant

If some one has a solution I could use to get the two computers that won't join the router net work because they do not acept or reconize the IP address of the router I've come up with a new way to try to make it work. Because it worked to plug the wall cable into the new modem and have a lan connection to the computer as well as verify a internet connection from this arangement, the new attempt ideal is to leave the ancient modem/router connected to the service provider box and down stairs computer. I would then use a spliter for the cable from the wall that goes to the up stairs bed room cable box and connect the split cable to the up stairs cable box and the new modem. Then connect the yellow lam cable from the new modem to the yellow lam connection of the router. If no solution for the computer acepting the router IP adress is found then the router is close enough to the up stairs computer that I can run a lan wire to the computer, tv, and printer up stairs. It is a terible waste of an excelent router for its wireless capability. I can then run tempory lans to the sterio and blue ray player for ocasional soft wear up grades. I've got the new fence up and the yard work done. I get to plant the lawn tomorrow. I will save this project attempt for a rainy day which is expected in three days. Thanks.

Message 8 of 13
William10a
Master

on the back of the router you will find a reset button you may need a paper clip to push it in.

Message 9 of 13
mikeb3
Aspirant

Tried new up stairs location, installed, let all the lights com on and pushed the reset button.I can now connect to the log in page and nothing else. I tried to install the offered gene soft wear to trouble shoot net work and it said temporyly not available or address has changed. pushed next and gave next page 5 minutes to load up repeated a couple times and never loaded and closed out. So finally got the log in page to load and it didn't let me get past the gene down load page.  Trying to connect to the internet the new message is "your network is not secure or there is a problem with the website's security certificate". Either way repeat attempts no web page only repeated warnings. I tried to set up the open network and sharing center, however it asks questions I havn't a clue on. For example net work name is easy NETGEAR18. Next drop down box has some thing like no ID, the wep w's things and last choice 801 some thing. I tried no selection and the no id thing. I got the same warnings that prevented the web pages to load up. So progress kinda. I will see if the netgear log in sight is more friendly latter. Thanks for getting the log in page to load up. Do you have any ideals on how to set up the home net work on the computer using the computer network set up center. I'm not sharing any thing on my computer with any other computer home or other wise. I will only wifi connect to one printer. 

Message 10 of 13
JamesGL
Master

Hi mikeb3,

1. Can you provide me the screenshot of the error message that your see when trying to access the UI.

2. Try to use a different computer to connect to the router and access the UI. Use a different web browser.

3. Access the UI using the IP address (e.g 192.168.1.1).

4. Reset the router.

Message 11 of 13
mikeb3
Aspirant

Hi; How do I do the screen shot and how do I send them to you? There was one message for google crome browser and another for enternet explorer 11. I've tried the two types of browers and retried them every time I tryed a diferent trouble shooter from the computer. with same mesages from each. I don't have any numerical internet addresses memorized and don't know where to find one to copy and use. I've reset the router before with no change of the error mesages, however, will give it a shoot again. I don't have any problem opening the web browsers using the ancient modem/router. It is still hooked up downstairs to the Charter cable providers box. I was able to acess the log in genie full acess for the first time. I snuped around to see what I could see on it. On its security part it mentioned the WPA2-psk [AES]. Remembering it as a choice I didn't have a clue on for seting up the computer net work sharing center I went ahead and set up the ssid NETGEAR18, WPA2 for one drop down box and AES for the next drop down box with the new router pass word for the last box, to see if it was the missing link. Lounching the browsers got the same error mesages for no internet connection when using the router wifi. I also tried setting up 2 guest connections on the new router connecting through the guest connections and same results. Each time I retried the setting up the new net work on the computer it gives a new pass word for me setting up the home net work instead of office or public without showing where to enter the new pass word. So I changed the home net work pass word to the new router pass word and rebuted the computer. No luck so fare. Trying the other computer to connect and no joy either. On the help section of the netgear gene area I saw a reference to the button to check internet speed. I wasn't able to find this button so fare.

Message 12 of 13
mikeb3
Aspirant

Problems fixed. Weeks of not getting the solution I decided to get a new new modem from Motorola high end. Getting the same internet error connections problem, I got the internet service provider to activate the modem. Since this fixed the same problems that I had with the Netgear router I'm fairly certin it would have fixed the problem quickly and simply. I'm expecting the ancient router to finish cratering in near future and may use the new netgear modem and router to replace it then. So the simple solution was to contact the cable provider, give them the info on the new modem and have them activate it. No further asistence is needed on this. thanks.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7