Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ie: R8000 router acting weird suddenly

BuBBles827
Aspirant

R8000 router acting weird suddenly

Suddenly the router is blocking my phone from being connected to the WiFi. When I login to routerlogin.net  using my laptop and chrome, I can access the router. But if I make any changes and hit 'apply' all I get is a spinning circle. If I try to log out nothing happens. If I close the browser window then try to login to the router again, I get an alert saying the request timed out and the router can't be accessed. So I reboot the router by unplugging it and then plugging back in. Then I can access routerlogin.net again. But again if I try to make any changes on the router, this cycle happens again.

Also the only way I was able to get my phone on the WiFi was disabling Auto Access on the router. Then my phone wasn't blocked.

Please help. I really don't like leaving access to my WiFi open to any devices connecting unless I ok them. And I don't want to have to reboot the router every time I want to make changes on the router.

Thanks

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 12

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R8000 router acting weird suddenly

I recommend that you downgrade to v.68 or .62. There are some DNS issues for some users on recent FW. I saw this as well with .76 loaded so I reverted back to v.62. NG is aware of these issues and working on something. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12

All Replies
BuBBles827
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 Problems

Suddenly the router is blocking my phone from being connected to the WiFi. When I login to routerlogin.net  using my laptop and chrome, I can access the router. But if I make any changes and hit 'apply' all I get is a spinning circle. If I try to log out nothing happens. If I close the browser window then try to login to the router again, I get an alert saying the request timed out and the router can't be accessed. So I reboot the router by unplugging it and then plugging back in. Then I can access routerlogin.net again. But again if I try to make any changes on the router, this cycle happens again.

Also the only way I was able to get my phone on the WiFi was disabling Auto Access on the router. Then my phone wasn't blocked.

Please help. I really don't like leaving access to my WiFi open to any devices connecting unless I ok them. And I don't want to have to reboot the router every time I want to make changes on the router.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Be sure to clear out all browser caches before going to the routers web page.

Does this happen on other browsers? 

Message 3 of 12
BuBBles827
Aspirant

Hi

Thank you for responding.

I was running the previous firmware version when all this started. Then when I logged into the router I saw there was an upgrade so I installed that today. I then double checked that the upgrade actually installed by checking for upgrades on the router.

I've been connected to the Arris TM804 modem for a few years.

I cleared the Chrome caches multiple times.

And this happens on both Chrome and Edge.

Message 4 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend that you downgrade to v.68 or .62. There are some DNS issues for some users on recent FW. I saw this as well with .76 loaded so I reverted back to v.62. NG is aware of these issues and working on something. 

Message 5 of 12
BuBBles827
Aspirant

Hello

I'm not sure how to do that. Can you please post some instructions on how to downgrade.

Also what is FW?

Thanks

Message 6 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 12
BuBBles827
Aspirant

Thank You

Message 8 of 12
BuBBles827
Aspirant

Is it imperative to connect laptop to NG router with EtherNet cable.?

That port doesn't exist on my laptop. And the adapter doesn't have that port either.

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

So Laptop dosen't have a ethernet port?

It's recommended and preferred.

There are inexpensive USB to ethernet adapters out there. 

If you are connected wirelessly to the router and near the router, say 6 feet min, I supposed you can send the FW file down while connected wirelessly...

Message 10 of 12
BuBBles827
Aspirant

Ie: R8000 router acting weird suddenly

Thank You for your help.

I downgraded the router to v68 and now everything works perfectly.

BTW I was able to download the downgrade zip using WiFi and it worked fine.

Thanks again

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ie: R8000 router acting weird suddenly

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7