Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000P DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN after updating Firmware

KFord85
Tutor

R8000P DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN after updating Firmware

UGH...

So I've searched the forums for this issue (Which is frequent and still unsolved?) but the only choice is to roll back software. Only problem is that I've roled back from .84 down to .42 and I dont know when or where there is a version that wont have this issue. Can anyone recommend a version or a setting fix that will stop this horrifyingly annoying issue? If Ihave to hear my house yelling at me about "why web pages wont load" or "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I might smash everything.

I Also noticed that in the log files it is constanly reporting DoS attacks (False reports) on links that i have visited which I believe is the root cause but who knows with these Firmware updates. 

So i guess i just want to get a version that is decent. Please help me.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender, R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Do you have IPv6 enabled? 

Are you currently on the .42 version? And it works? 

Its just when you update? 

Does it have issues when the extender isn't running?

Message 2 of 9
cedarpost
Aspirant

Just bought this router and installed the firmware like the email from netgear security said to do. When using my brower(s) I keep getting "

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in accounts.netgear.com.

• If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"

Obviiously the site address changes depending on where I am trying to go. This is making it very diffuclt to log into Epic games for example. What is the solution??
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

@cedarpost  You can try enabling ipv6. If that doesn't help, you can try downgrading. If it doesn't help, then please start your own thread instead of jumping on someone elses so details don't get confused. 

Message 4 of 9
KFord85
Tutor

@plemans,
IPv6 - Disabled
Firmware - went from 1.4.2.84 (newest) down to v1.4.1.68_1.3.28.
I had the router setup to auto update but was noticing that the streaming would pause more often starting around november. About 3 days before writing the post I updated the Extender Firmware (EX8000) and thats when the "DoS attacks" started happening in the log list. They were not DDoS attacks. I cleared the logs, reboot everything multiple times running up and down stairs. Im just wondering where and why its happening. I was getting decent speeds which was great, having to refresh websites i've visited before over and over because my router is acting up- not so much.
Message 5 of 9
KFord85
Tutor

I haven't attempted to try it without the extender, i will try it when i get home from traveling.
Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

Let me know how it goes.If its stable without the EX8000, then you  might try downgrading its firmware a version and try it again. 

Message 7 of 9
dlepak
Initiate

Do you have any updates on this issue?  I have the following hardware and I am experiencing the exact same issue with the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN messages popping up for the past few weeks.

R8000P router
firmware: V1.4.2.84_1.3.42

EX8000 Nighthawk X6S Tri-Band Mesh Extende
firmware: V1.0.1.238

Message 8 of 9
dlepak
Initiate

I just downgraded the firmware on my R8000P to V1.4.1.68_1.3.28 and this resolved my issue with the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN errors.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7