Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000P router not letting me connect to news server

737mechanic
Aspirant

R8000P router not letting me connect to news server

I have looked at all my settings and disabled that stupid Armor app and I still can't connect to my news server.

Any suggestions?

Message 2 of 11

Accepted Solutions
737mechanic
Aspirant

Re: R8000P router not letting me connect to news server

FIXED:

I downgraded the firmware and now I can connect to my news server with no problem. 

Also all my files on my connected USB drive are visible now.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11

All Replies
737mechanic
Aspirant

Attached USB hard drive not showing all videos from my R8000P router.

I have an R8000P router and I have a hard drive plugged in the USB 3.0 connector, I do not get all the movies when trying to watch them on my smart TV.

Message 1 of 11
microchip8
Master

Why do you think it's the router? Can you independently confirm your news server is working properly? Take the router out of the equation

Message 3 of 11
737mechanic
Aspirant

I never had a problem with my ASUS router, after swapping my Nighthawk in its place some sites take a long time to connect and the news server sometimes will connect after about 5 min. 

I can swap my Asus back over and everything works perfectly.

I thought I was upgrading to a much better router but I am thinking I wasted $300. 

Message 4 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. https://kb.netgear.com/22697/How-do-I-install-my-NETGEAR-router-using-the-router-web-interface
Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...
https://kb.netgear.com/25722/How-do-I-reserve-an-IP-address-on-my-NETGEAR-router
I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062081/How-do-I-erase-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
https://kb.netgear.com/9665/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-NETGEAR-router

@737mechanic wrote:

I have looked at all my settings and disabled that stupid Armor app and I still can't connect to my news server.

Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 11
737mechanic
Aspirant

FIXED:

I downgraded the firmware and now I can connect to my news server with no problem. 

Also all my files on my connected USB drive are visible now.

Message 6 of 11
737mechanic
Aspirant

Re: Attached USB hard drive not showing all videos from my R8000P router.

FIXED:

I downgraded the firmware and now all my files are visible on my media player.

Also I am able to connect to my news server.

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad that worked. 

Next time, give feedback to the questions presented. 

Enjoy.

Message 8 of 11
737mechanic
Aspirant

Too many questions were asked in the same post. 

Let me ask you this, if I had responded to all of your questions would you have been able to tell me my problem was that I was running the latest and greatest firmware?

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Anything is possible. Due to different environments, ISP services and such and not having telepathy, there is a GOOD reason why we ask those questions. The more feedback we get, the better we can help you. Probably could fix what ever the issue is with recent FW IF we had that info. But since you downgraded, we'll probably never know. Good Luck. 

Message 10 of 11
737mechanic
Aspirant

My internet is frontier fios, I have no modem and the ONT is on the side of the house in a plastic box so I have no way of knowing the model #.

The problem was obviously some change from the last firmware to the current so to fix it figure out what they changed and have them put it back.

Don't take me wrong I do appreciate your time and help.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7