Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R9000 + DM200 + BT

brewer234
Aspirant

R9000 + DM200 + BT

I started with connecting the DM200 to the internet and directly to my PC, I could sucessfully connect.

I set the DM200 into Modem only mode.

I then tried to connect the R9000 taking the LAN cable out of my PC and plugging into the internet port of the R900. The setup wizard fails and I cannot setup manually either. It just keeps saying no internet connection.

I updated to the latest firmware 1.0.4.12 but that has not help either.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
brewer234
Aspirant

Re: R9000 + DM200 + BT

Solved, the issue I was having was selecting the passthrough VlanID. Unchecking the option and it works.

Got to say though, I might be missing something but considering the price of the R9000 it doesnt seem to be substantially better than the smart hub it was replacing...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

@brewer234 wrote:

I then tried to connect the R9000 taking the LAN cable out of my PC and plugging into the internet port of the R900. The setup wizard fails and I cannot setup manually either. It just keeps saying no internet connection.

With the DM200 in modem only mode, restart the whole network in the right order.

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Message 2 of 4
brewer234
Aspirant

Solved, the issue I was having was selecting the passthrough VlanID. Unchecking the option and it works.

Got to say though, I might be missing something but considering the price of the R9000 it doesnt seem to be substantially better than the smart hub it was replacing...

Message 3 of 4

Yes. The DM200 and BT can mess you around. I guess it is BT's way of pushing us all to use its nasty HomeHub.

If you are lucky, the setup wizard for the DM200 will detect the right settings. It has worked here in the past, but when I did that recently it claimed to have failed when it had done no such thing.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7