Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R9000, "Open Plex" is grayed out

thetad45
Tutor

R9000, "Open Plex" is grayed out

I just booted up my new R9000. When I click "enable plex" it recognizes my external hard drive that is connected via USB, but the option to "open plex" remains grayed out. I have tried rebooting the router to no avail. I followed the steps below, but where it says: "Navigate to Hard Drive location and look for Library folder", I don't have this folder. Now I'm stuck...

To resolve issue with “Open Plex” button being grayed out after PLEX Media Server is enabled:

1. Unplug the Hard Drive plugged into the R9000

2. Plug the Hard Drive into your computer.

3. Navigate to the Hard Drive location and look for Library folder.

Note: Before deleting the Library folder please go into the folder and make sure that you do not have any media files stored in it as deleting media files will result in those files being lost.

4. Delete the Library folder.

5. Unplug the Hard Drive from your computer and plug it back into your R9000.

6. Launch a web browser from a computer that is connected to the R9000 network.

7. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the web browser’s address bar and enter the admin user name and password when prompted.

8. Under the BASIC Tab select "PLEX Media Server" option

9. Click the “Open Plex” and go through the setup process

10. Once the PLEX media server setup is completed you will be able to access your media files from anywhere.

Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
thetad45
Tutor

Re: R9000, "Open Plex" is grayed out

So... i was able to fix it by:

unplugging the external drive

unchecking/rechecking all plex related boxes

Once I rechecked them, I plugged the external back in

"open plex" became purple/clickable

For some reason, when I unplugged the external, it downloaded a plex update, and now it works... 

No idea why, but maybe worth a try

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15

All Replies
LouisBinh
Aspirant

Same issue with me, my plex version is none also
Message 2 of 15
thetad45
Tutor

So... i was able to fix it by:

unplugging the external drive

unchecking/rechecking all plex related boxes

Once I rechecked them, I plugged the external back in

"open plex" became purple/clickable

For some reason, when I unplugged the external, it downloaded a plex update, and now it works... 

No idea why, but maybe worth a try

Message 3 of 15
LouisBinh
Aspirant

Thanks, I will try out your solution. Hope it will work 🙂
Message 4 of 15
thetad45
Tutor

I spent hours on forums, but this is what wound up working for me. I truly hope it resolves your issue as well

Message 5 of 15

That did not work for me. Did you click Apply when you unchecked or re checked the Plex related options? Button is still Gray. I noticed sometimes I get an "Unknown Error" at the bottom of this page.

Really annoying!
Message 6 of 15
thetad45
Tutor

Try starting over, but plugging the external into the other USB port. I don't know why, but that seemed to help me.

Message 7 of 15

Did you click Apply on each change you made? Only after reselecting the option? None at all?
Message 8 of 15
LeeH
Prodigy

@thetad45   Please mark your entry as solved so other people can find and use your fix.

Message 9 of 15

Netgear has a new Beta firmware. That's the only thing that did it for me. If anyone is experiencing this call Netgear and explain. Insist until you're transferred to Support Level 2 so they an upload the Firmware directly to your router.
Message 10 of 15
Wacas
Tutor

I am having the same problems i have tried to contact netgear and cannot get through the company i bought the router from says they cant help me ........i have tried all the solutions except for the beta firmware but as mentioned cannot get on to Netgear i am going to reistall the older firmware and see if i get lucky from that

i do want to keep this unit but plex is the deal breaker

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 11 of 15

I'll create a link for the new firmware tomorrow (probably torrent) if you want... Let me know...
Message 12 of 15

And you need to tell them "it's not working, I need a solution" until they escalate your ticket twice
Message 13 of 15
Wacas
Tutor

yes torrent will be ok

thanks

Message 14 of 15
Wacas
Tutor

problem solved..................Netgear has sent me a new beta firmware which they helped through the process

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7