Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 dual band router

DRGrubb
Follower

RBR40 dual band router

I have an older Orbi RBR40 dualband router with one satellite.  The newer RBR40s are triband routers.  My question is if they both use the same firmware.   I cannot get my dual band to take the newer v2.7.3.22 even though every search I find says its for the RBR40.   I cannot find any documentation that says the dual band version has a different firmware.  I having an issue with the satellite not connecting to devices even though it shows the satellite is synced with the router in the Orbi software and the lights turned from solid blue to off.   The only issue i can find is an older firmware.  

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR40 dual band router

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AC (WiFi 5) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general router" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

All Orbi systems are Triband systems. There is a wireless backhaul that is present between the RBR and RBS. 

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7