Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCLOUD registration with R7000

jeevanmd
Follower

ReadyCLOUD registration with R7000

I am trying to set up ReadyCLOUD so that I can access files from the usb drive currently connected to the router.  I am able to access files within the netword without problems, but once I am in Netgear Genie, it will not let me register the router to my ReadyCLOUD account.  I have searched the discussion boards and have found that this is a fairly common problem, and I have tried rebooting, resetting, restarting the computer, etc., but every time it is still the same result:Screenshot 2017-01-05 19.15.50.png

I am able to login to readycloud.netgear.com just fine.

Device: Nighthawk R7000

Firmware: V1.0.7.6_1.1.99

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
water_man
Aspirant

AMAZING!

I had the exact same problem.  I tried to register my R7000 (same spec's as above) to Readycloud in all sorts of way with no result.

Reading the advice to change my password to something simple I thought: what a lot of BS!

Just to be sure I tried and guess what: IT WORKED!

Seems to me that here is a job for Netgear. If their website can't handle complicated passwords during registration we can wait for a disaster to happen.

Just to be on the safe site I changed the password back to a complex one after the succesfull registration.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
storm1985
Prodigy

try changing your password to simple one like password123 

Message 2 of 4
water_man
Aspirant

AMAZING!

I had the exact same problem.  I tried to register my R7000 (same spec's as above) to Readycloud in all sorts of way with no result.

Reading the advice to change my password to something simple I thought: what a lot of BS!

Just to be sure I tried and guess what: IT WORKED!

Seems to me that here is a job for Netgear. If their website can't handle complicated passwords during registration we can wait for a disaster to happen.

Just to be on the safe site I changed the password back to a complex one after the succesfull registration.

Message 3 of 4
storm1985
Prodigy

Great job for following the BS advice 😉
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements