Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readyshare formatting

Encurez
Follower

Readyshare formatting

I have a x8 R8500 nighthawk router. I have a supported usb drive 2tb in size formatted with NTFS.

I have three Window’s 10 Pro PC’s, three iPhone 12 Pros and one M1 MacBook Air with MacOS Ventura.

The drive already has 1.3tb used already. If I plug the drive into the router will it automatically format the drive or erase the current content on it in any other way before, during or after configuring it to be shared via the router?

If not, will the drive’s files be accessible on all the devices mentioned above?

Thank you for the assistance in advance.
Message 1 of 2

Re: Readyshare formatting

@Encurez wrote:
If I plug the drive into the router will it automatically format the drive or erase the current content on it in any other way before, during or after configuring it to be shared via the router?

No. ReadySHARE is just a way of connecting an existing drive to your network. As your drives are NTFS, all should be fine. ReadySHARE doesn't like some exotic formats

If not, will the drive’s files be accessible on all the devices mentioned above?

You may have to install an app on the iPhone to get access.  One option with Androids is ReadyCLOUD, but be warned that Netgear is shutting this down soon.

Support for ReadyCLOUD feature ends spring 2023 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

For local access, maybe there is some other app. I usually wire my mobile things to the network when I want to get at the USB drives.

Maybe someone else is fa,ilia with Apple's stuff.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7