Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readyshare on Windows 7

TimeoutService
Aspirant

Readyshare on Windows 7

Right, well i want to install readyshare vault on my win7 pc but it can't even find my R7500 router. (setup as a AP).

My Win10 laptop has no problem with it..

i closed down the firewall, the antiviri software , defender the lot. But still no go on the setup of the vault software.

where can i find this problem ?

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TimeoutService
Aspirant

Re: Readyshare on Windows 7

Hello, yes i managed to solve this . the only thing i did was to give the windosw 7 pc a static dns 8.8.8.8 then reinstall the program. After it found the dtive on the router i reset it to automatic dns from router and it was able to keep the vault settings.

very odd if you ask me cos the vault is on local network but apperntly it tries to find it not through ip adres but through dns name, and if you have dns on your pc set to auto, it gives you the dns of the provider and of the routers gateway.

problem solved !

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi TimeoutService,

1. Can you access the drive, connected to the router, on your Windows 7 pc?

2. Did you uninstall and reinstall the vault after turning off firewall, antivirus and defender?

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi TimeoutService,

Please provide us an update of your issue if you still need assistance.

Message 3 of 4
TimeoutService
Aspirant

Hello, yes i managed to solve this . the only thing i did was to give the windosw 7 pc a static dns 8.8.8.8 then reinstall the program. After it found the dtive on the router i reset it to automatic dns from router and it was able to keep the vault settings.

very odd if you ask me cos the vault is on local network but apperntly it tries to find it not through ip adres but through dns name, and if you have dns on your pc set to auto, it gives you the dns of the provider and of the routers gateway.

problem solved !

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7