Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recently switched routers, and now one of my games is acting as if I have a VPN active. Help?

Morsmordre
Follower

Recently switched routers, and now one of my games is acting as if I have a VPN active. Help?

So we recently switched to a new Router, the Nighthawk R6700 Ac1750. Took us a bit to set it up because of some dyslexia issues on our end, however in the end we got it. All was well, to begin with! We got great speeds, and it was far more consistent than our old Router - not to mention the fact that this one isn't having outages every hour.

Anyway, everything was great until I attempted to play one of my games called Feral. The publishing company, Wildworks, blocks anything to do with VPNs, so I thought that our router VPN service may have been on by default? Lo-and-behold, it was not. I am not very tech-savvy when it comes to figuring out the settings for a router, and I have spent the past 5 or so hours trying to figure out this singular reason for why the Feral website was giving me the 403 Forbidden Error, and the game acting as if I had a VPN active.

I don't have any VPN services active, and it does the same thing (acting as if there's a VPN turned on) when I'm connected to our network from my mobile, as you can access the game from cell as well. I can, however, play the game while using my mobile data, so I definitely know it's the network settings doing this.

Is there literally anyone that could please, please help? Lmao. I'm at my wit's end and I've basically been ripping my hair out trying to resolve the issue.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7