Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Regarding Upload speed issue in netgear X6 R8000

Vaibhav1819
Aspirant

Regarding Upload speed issue in netgear X6 R8000

I lives in India
i have netgear X6 R8000, and have the latest firmware in that i have airtel as my ISP , i have started VPN server on my netgear router and have 2000mbps plan and in netgear page when i try to do speedtest i am not getting more than 40-50 mbps upload , i am getting 200mbps download speed , same as in VPN i am getting 40-50 download speed because upload speed is too low , in airtel this is firstly moderm and after that my netgear router is connected , i had try resetting the router as well as tried in AP mode but it doesnot works for me. if i connect any device locally through netgear router than i am getting 200 mbps download and  upload speed but if i check that speed into my router page which is 192.168.2.1 in that i am getting 212mbps download sped and 50-60 mbps in upload speed , if anyone knows about solution let me know please. so if i use VPN client at somewhere else i suppose to get 100-120 mbps upload speed at anywhere but i am getting only 20-30 mbps upload speed i have check that and i am attaching the screenshot as well.

thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 7

Re: Regarding Upload speed issue in netgear X6 R8000

@Vaibhav1819 wrote:

I lives in India
i have netgear X6 R8000, and have the latest firmware in that i have airtel as my ISP , i have started VPN server on my netgear router

Which VPN is this?

What speed do you get without the VPN?

in airtel this is firstly moderm and after that my netgear router is connected , i had try resetting the router as well as tried in AP mode but it doesnot works for me.

What is that modem?

AP mode will not work on the R8000 unless that modem is also a router?

Message 2 of 7
Vaibhav1819
Aspirant

i have using VPN server in netgear and without using VPN server i am getting the same upload speed around 50 mbps. i think so there is an issue of double NAT so this issue is repeating so i have contacted the airtel my isp provider to change their router to bridge mode so there will no issue of Double NAT

the airtel router is Modem plus router

Message 3 of 7

@Vaibhav1819 wrote:

the airtel router is Modem plus router

Does it have a make and model number?

@Vaibhav1819 wrote:

i have using VPN server in netgear and without using VPN server i am getting the same upload speed around 50 mbps.

Which VPN server? Why are you using it?

Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@Vaibhav1819 wrote:

i have using VPN server in netgear ...

Are you establishing the VPN connection from an OpenVPN client using the same Internet connection where our R8000 is connected to? This will make passing all traffic your already limited bandwidth Internet connection twice... 

Message 5 of 7
Vaibhav1819
Aspirant

Nope i am not using the VPN client on the same network, i am using VPN client on another place. The netgear has own VPN server so ia= have created vpn server in my X6 R8000 device. but in netgear there is speedtest in my default gateway in that i am getting only 50 mbps speed upload even thought i have 200 mbps plan right now. so i have airtel connection and they have provided me the router of nokia ZTE and in that yesterday i had done the Bridge mode enabled and connected PPPoE connection in my netgear router , i thought that there was an double NAT problem so i turned off NAT in my airtel router but still it didn't works for me.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Your ISP Modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem. https://kb.netgear.com/25891/DMZ-on-NETGEAR-routers
https://kb.netgear.com/24086/How-do-I-set-up-a-default-DMZ-server-on-my-Nighthawk-router
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.
https://kb.netgear.com/20927/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-to-AP-mode
Try option #2 first...

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7