Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Registering 2nd hand router

Topbanana81
Aspirant

Registering 2nd hand router

Hi, just want to (re)register it as I ideally want to be able to allow remote access to my pc...

I know the item was purchased 2nd hand, as anyone have any suggestions??

Regards
Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router, EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 5
No1Mportnt
Luminary

Re: Registering 2nd hand router

I couldn't find anything specific to registering a 2nd hand router but it has been my experience that you can't typicall register something that is purchase used.  

Message 2 of 5

@No1Mportnt wrote:

I couldn't find anything specific to registering a 2nd hand router but it has been my experience that you can't typicall register something that is purchase used.  

You don't need to "register" a router or modem/router like the D7800 to be able to use it.

Registration exists for warrant and 90-days of support after purchase. Neither of these is transferable.

Message 3 of 5

@Topbanana81 wrote:
Hi, just want to (re)register it as I ideally want to be able to allow remote access to my pc...

You don't need to "register" a device to use Anywhere Access, as it is now known. You have to set up remote management as the manual describes.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

If you hit a problem with a device that is already associated with remote management then you'll have to prevail upon one of the Netgear moderators to help you out.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

DSL Modems & Routers

Message 4 of 5
Topbanana81
Aspirant

Too be honest the router drops more than a whores draws.... Destined for the bin. #leavenetgearalone
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7