Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Roku device not connecting to router via ethernet cable

Roku device not connecting to router via ethernet cable

Internet cable from fiber optic modem is connected to the WAN port on the router.  My desktop computer is connected to LAN port 1. That all works fine and I have internet on the desktop but I cannot get a connection for the Roku box to any of the other LAN ports.  If I go to attached devices settings in the router under Access Control  I see all the wired and wireless connections.  In the drop down box "View list of allowed devices not currently connected to the network"   I  see the Roku box listed but cannot add it to the allowed list above.  "Turn on access  control box" is checked and "Allow all new devices to connect" is checked.  How do I fix this?

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: Roku device not connecting to router via ethernet cable

Access control was turned on after I updated the software. This is a home system.  None of other options you mention are enabled.  I reset the factory reset and now access control is off.  I will let know more as I continue to try and set this up.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: Roku device not connecting to router via ethernet cable

Access control was turned on after I updated the software. This is a home system.  None of other options you mention are enabled.  I reset the factory reset and now access control is off.  I will let know more as I continue to try and set this up.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7