Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Frequency?

Bag
Aspirant
Aspirant

Router Frequency?

I have  had ongoing connectivity issues. My ISP has finally advised that it could be frequency interference and asked me to adjust my frequencies. I do not believe this is my issue since  when I connect to the router via ethernet cable the connectivity issues remain.  Is there a way to adjust the frequencies on this router? 

Thank you,

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
William10a
Master

Re: Router Frequency?

@Bag wrote:

I have  had ongoing connectivity issues. My ISP has finally advised that it could be frequency interference and asked me to adjust my frequencies. I do not believe this is my issue since  when I connect to the router via ethernet cable the connectivity issues remain.  Is there a way to adjust the frequencies on this router? 

Thank you,

The frequency of the wifi channels would impact the wireless functions but not the wired lan connections you can find very fast if the router or the connection from the modem is the problem. You can bypass the router by connecting a computer direct to the modem and see if the problem stays or goes away. You can the change the channels of the wifi bands to the lease used channels thats were a wifi scanning problem would help out . The need program may be on one of your wireless devices if you have any.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
William10a
Master

Re: Router Frequency?

@Bag wrote:

Thank you,

The frequency of the wifi channels would impact the wireless functions but not the wired lan connections you can find very fast if the router or the connection from the modem is the problem. You can bypass the router by connecting a computer direct to the modem and see if the problem stays or goes away. You can the change the channels of the wifi bands to the lease used channels thats were a wifi scanning problem would help out . The need program may be on one of your wireless devices if you have any.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7