Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router R7800 freezes time to time

MariusMarcoci
Aspirant

Router R7800 freezes time to time

Hi

I have my R7800 for several years but from time to time (sometimes several times a day) the router freezes, and no connect is possbile any longer via cable or wifi

the only way the get my router run ist to turn it off and on again

I tried every official version, even from Voxel and they all do the same

does someone else knows of similar problems ? does someone have a solution ?

Marius

Message 1 of 13

Re: Router R7800 freezes time to time

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 13
MariusMarcoci
Aspirant

before the router i have a huawei for fiber in the bridge, i tried without the bridge and the same thing happens it's not from huawei .. because i can't access the router netgear when it's blocked

Message 3 of 13

Unfortunately, on top of the strange formatting, that doesn't take us much further in understanding the technology that feeds your R7800.

What does "a huawei for fiber in the bridge" mean?

Huawei what? What "bridge"?

Message 4 of 13
MariusMarcoci
Aspirant

sorry i checked now and it is ZTE Gpon ONT model ZXHN F618 befor router R7800

Message 5 of 13

@MariusMarcoci wrote:

sorry i checked now and it is ZTE Gpon ONT model ZXHN F618 befor router R7800

If this is a simple ONT, with no router features, you should be able to,plug the R7800 into that. Anything else in there could get in the way.

Message 6 of 13
Kitsap
Master

@MariusMarcoci wrote:

Hi

I have my R7800 for several years but from time to time (sometimes several times a day) the router freezes, and no connect is possbile any longer via cable or wifi

the only way the get my router run ist to turn it off and on again

I tried every official version, even from Voxel and they all do the same

does someone else knows of similar problems ? does someone have a solution ?

Marius

Recommend your check the power converter you are using for your R7800.  Look at the back of the R7800 and there will be input voltage and current requirements.  Check the transformer portion of your power converter and it will show output voltage and current specifications.  Do the two compare favorably?  The voltage needs to be a direct match.  The power converter output current has to be at least as much as the R7800 requires for input.

There is also a chance your power converter is starting to go bad.  How old is your R7800?

Do you operate the R7800 in a warm climate?  Maybe it is getting over heated.

Message 7 of 13
MariusMarcoci
Aspirant

I have it for 4 years, I have now changed his power supply with another one and am checking for a few days

Message 8 of 13
MariusMarcoci
Aspirant

It is ONT with router but is disable and is bridge, it's just fiber converter now

and the r7800 use pppOE conection

Message 9 of 13

@MariusMarcoci wrote:

It is ONT with router but is disable and is bridge, it's just fiber converter now

and the r7800 use pppOE conection

Is that what the ISP specifies?

One problem can be that interpretations of "bridge" can vary from one hardware maker to another. That is why it helps to tell people as much as possible about the devices you use.

Sadly, for many people genuine optical Internet is not that widespread. So there aren't that many experienced users out there.

ISPs also have their own ways of configuring networks. Often ONTs are simple terminators. Not many combined ONT/routers have featured around here.

Message 10 of 13
MariusMarcoci
Aspirant

I also tried with the ONT without a bridge through his router and i set the netgear with a fixed ip to wan, also i tried on the LAN... and it still randomly remains blocked

Message 11 of 13
Kitsap
Master

@MariusMarcoci wrote:

I also tried with the ONT without a bridge through his router and i set the netgear with a fixed ip to wan, also i tried on the LAN... and it still randomly remains blocked

Another option is to set your ONT without a bridge through the router and set the Netgear as an access point.  After you do this, power down your ONT and the R7800.  Power up the ONT and give it time to stabilize.  Connect an Ethernet cable from the ONT to your R7800 WAN port and power up the R7800.

Repeat question, are you running your R7800 in a warm climate?

Message 12 of 13
MariusMarcoci
Aspirant

I will also try with the router set as an access point with the ONT without a bridge!

the netgear router is not in a warm environment, it is actually protected in an open and ventilated place

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7