Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router for watching TV on my Smart TV wirelessly

GloryofGod
Follower

Router for watching TV on my Smart TV wirelessly

MyAT&T router keeps kicking offAnd I cannot watchMovies on my Smart TV. However I still have Internet on my phone and computer.I would like to know if I need to replace my router if so what would be the best routerFor my TVTV is a Samsung Smart TV I have AT&T service

Message 1 of 2

Re: Router for watching TV on my Smart TV wirelessly

@GloryofGod wrote:

MyAT&T router keeps kicking offAnd I cannot watchMovies on my Smart TV. However I still have Internet on my phone and computer.I would like to know if I need to replace my router if so what would be the best routerFor my TVTV is a Samsung Smart TV I have AT&T service

That's an impossible set of questions to answer.

What does "kicking off" mean? The TV loses the wifi link? Something else?

Is it the TV that loses the Internet? Maybe that is the problem rather than the router.

How fast is your Internet service? Too slow and any router will have a hard time.

Any router should fill the bill, but not if the Internet is too slow.

To pick a router, try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

An alternative to wifi could be Powerline Ethernet. This uses the house's electricity circuit as an Ethernet network. It can be more reliable and easier to set up than wifi on Smart TVs.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7