Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router is resetting itself at a random time

Rudy102
Initiate

Router is resetting itself at a random time

Hello, I need some help. I bought this router week ago and since day one it keeps resetting at a random time.

I read many posts on the website. They were very helpful. I connected the routed directly to the power outlet. I uploaded latest firware, and reset it to the factory condition. After a day of working well, it started to reset again.

Please let me know what else I can do to fix this issue.

Thank you,

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Router is resetting itself at a random time

If you're already tried a factory reset the only other thing I'd try would be installing version 1.0.9.42 of the firmware. some r7000's actually performed worse on the newer firmwares.

Try instalilng the .42 firmware over a hardwired connection, factory reset again, then do a clean install (not from backup). Disable auto updates. See how it works. 

If its still rebooting, I'd bring it back. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If you're already tried a factory reset the only other thing I'd try would be installing version 1.0.9.42 of the firmware. some r7000's actually performed worse on the newer firmwares.

Try instalilng the .42 firmware over a hardwired connection, factory reset again, then do a clean install (not from backup). Disable auto updates. See how it works. 

If its still rebooting, I'd bring it back. 

Message 2 of 3
Rudy102
Initiate

Thank you, will try tonight.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements