Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router model is n/a after firmware update ! HELP

Mickkhoo
Initiate

Router model is n/a after firmware update ! HELP

I updated the firmware thru genie and now...  well the router model is listed as N/A and firmware version also N/A

I cant log back in to the router as it says it is  not a supported model. (dah)

SO...   is it trashed?

can I somehow fix this?

the router is still working..  for now , but I think if I do a full reset I will brick it as I cannot log in to enter ISP info and stuff.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Mickkhoo
Initiate

Ok that was stressful! the router was flashing like a christmas tree, so I rebooted.... and it would not reboot normally. Reset button for 10 seconds,  no change, attempt to reflash via TFTP ..   could not access router either. Kids screaming for the internet for homework, the wife was trying to make a cake off the net, even Grandma was cranky, no David Attenborough vids...(err yeah  you gotta be here ) .   Anyhow... decided to just plug everything back in and power cycle a few times, the flashing lights were very calming ..... and whatever happened happened. The adsl synced, the power light went white and all the network connections lit up.. the router name was restored, which then allowed me to log in via the genie and restore the firmware back to the old version.  The family think Im Awesome again!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Mickkhoo
Initiate

Ok that was stressful! the router was flashing like a christmas tree, so I rebooted.... and it would not reboot normally. Reset button for 10 seconds,  no change, attempt to reflash via TFTP ..   could not access router either. Kids screaming for the internet for homework, the wife was trying to make a cake off the net, even Grandma was cranky, no David Attenborough vids...(err yeah  you gotta be here ) .   Anyhow... decided to just plug everything back in and power cycle a few times, the flashing lights were very calming ..... and whatever happened happened. The adsl synced, the power light went white and all the network connections lit up.. the router name was restored, which then allowed me to log in via the genie and restore the firmware back to the old version.  The family think Im Awesome again!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7