Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router will not connect to internet. Initial router setup.

vvoods
Aspirant

Router will not connect to internet. Initial router setup.

I am trying to switch from my Verizon FiOS quantum router to my new Netgear AC1750 router. I've tried both the directions given to me in the nighthawk app and I've tried the directions provided on Verizon's forums. So far, no luck.

The reason the app keeps failing is because the router won't connect to the internet. And so I can only make it so far and then nothing. Also, it keeps telling me to plug the new router into the modem. FiOS does use a modem. I've still tried it by pluggin it into the existing router, and buy using it solo. No Luck.

I've also tried to connect to the internet by doing what it says on the verizon forums. Which is to "release the DHCP lease, then disconnect the router immediately to prevent it from re-requesting a DHCP lease. Once you have run these steps, immediately plug the Ethernet cable into the WAN port of your own router. Your router should now get Internet." I've tried this multiple times and it has failed everytime.

Does anyone know how to connect the router to the internet?

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
vvoods
Aspirant

Re: Router will not connect to internet. Initial router setup.

I'm sorry, I forgot I made this post. I actually got the router working. It connected the first try the following day. Thank you for the response though.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to try mac cloning 

https://kb.netgear.com/1086/No-Internet-with-new-router-MAC-spoofing

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
vvoods
Aspirant

I'm sorry, I forgot I made this post. I actually got the router working. It connected the first try the following day. Thank you for the response though.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7