Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setting up a new Nighthawk R7900 router

divor
Aspirant

Setting up a new Nighthawk R7900 router

Just bought a new Nighthawk x6 R7900 and it asks for my "Security Key" or "Passphrase" which I enter but it says it doesn't match the security key for this network. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
divor
Aspirant

Re: Setting up a new Nighthawk R7900 router

Yes that is what I was trying to do. So now I went with your suggestion and it worked. Thank you!

So if I disconnect the Ethernet cable will the laptop automatically stay connected to the router?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Are you attempting to configure the router using wifi? If yes, don't.

Connect to the router via an Ethernet cable. That way you can modify the config, without second guessing whats going on. And you should be able to view the passphrase that is currently configured in the router. Barring all that I said, reset to factory default and start over, using an Ethernet cable to connect to the router.

Message 2 of 4
divor
Aspirant

Yes that is what I was trying to do. So now I went with your suggestion and it worked. Thank you!

So if I disconnect the Ethernet cable will the laptop automatically stay connected to the router?
Message 3 of 4
netwrks
Master

If you have wifi enabled on your laptop, your laptop should stay connected to the router, if you rare correctly authenticated wirelessly.If not, you should re-visit your router and laptop wifif configuration..

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7