Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow local traffic with XR500

WindfallNL
Aspirant

Slow local traffic with XR500

Setup : internet modem -> router (XR500) -> computer 'M' -> VM on 'M'. VM runs web server. Web server has a 5 MB gzipped page for index.html. A domain name 'D' is mapped to the WAN address of the modem.

Now If I browse to 'D's index.html locally, it takes a pathetic 50 seconds (100 KB/sec according to a separate wget). If I browse from a remote location, it's in in 5 seconds !

What up ? This started when I changed my old Netgear router (JNR3000) to the new one (XR500). QOS switched OFF.

This is a mystery. How can local traffic (which never even gets on Internet in this case) be slower than remote ?

Any clues ?

Thanks.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

@WindfallNL wrote:

Well, the XR500 is a Nighthawk, and it is a Wifi router, so ... maybe there shouldn't be so many sections.

I can't disagree with that.

@WindfallNL wrote:

As if answers for one, who have one, wouldn't apply for another, who don't have the exact same model.

The separate section exists because the XR series uses DumaOS as the operating system. This comes from a different outfit. The people who created DumaOS monitor that area and may miss messages that crop up here.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your hardware:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 6
WindfallNL
Aspirant

Well, the XR500 is a Nighthawk, and it is a Wifi router, so ... maybe there shouldn't be so many sections. As if answers for one, who have one, wouldn't apply for another, who don't have the exact same model.

Ayway, cross-posted it now.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

NG created a Gaming router section for ALL XR routers as they do differ from other NG Nighthawk R series routers. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Slow-local-traffic-with-XR500/m-p/1787...

Message 4 of 6
IrvSp
Master

@WindfallNL wrote:

Well, the XR500 is a Nighthawk, and it is a Wifi router, so ... maybe there shouldn't be so many sections.

Semantics. Actual name is "Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Pro Gaming Router", and this 'section' is "Netgear Nighthawk Routers". Not sure how you got here, but if you came in via COMMUNITY, the CONNECTED HOME, the first one is NIGHTHAWK GAMING ROUTERS, then WIFI ROUTERS (with 3 different forums, one this one).

You really want to be in the correct forum. First in the particular case the OS it is running, it is using NetDuma's DumaOS software, and there are people from NetDuma monitoring that forum. That and other uses of the same h/w that can possibly assist.

Not to worry, you were not the first to be in the wrong forum, and not going to be the last either.

Message 5 of 6

@WindfallNL wrote:

I can't disagree with that.

@WindfallNL wrote:

As if answers for one, who have one, wouldn't apply for another, who don't have the exact same model.

The separate section exists because the XR series uses DumaOS as the operating system. This comes from a different outfit. The people who created DumaOS monitor that area and may miss messages that crop up here.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7