Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Some Dutch translations aren't shown correctly when the Netgear R7000 is found in Windows Exp...

Wiens
Aspirant

Some Dutch translations aren't shown correctly when the Netgear R7000 is found in Windows Explorer

Model: Netgear R7000

Firmware version: V1.0.7.6_1.1.99 

Language GUI interface version: V1.0.7.6_2.1.38.1

Some Dutch (NL-NL region) translations aren't shown correctly when the Netgear R7000 is found in the Network Infrastructure in Windows Explorer:

- The string  "inschake" isn't fully visible as "inschakelen", see Figure 1A (This bug exists in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, NL-NL region);

- The string "uitschak" isn't fully visible as "uitschakelen", see Figure 1B (This bug exists in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, NL-NL region);

- The string "Verwijderen" in both contextmenus is disabled and hasn't have a meaning in the contextmenu.

Other Netgear routers may be impacted with the same Dutch (NL-NL) translation issues. It is not a Windows string. The string activates when the router is connected.

Figure 1A:

1.PNG

Figure 1B:

2.PNG

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Wiens
Aspirant

Re: Some Dutch translations aren't shown correctly when the Netgear R7000 is found in Windows Exp...

I have tried a router from a different vendor (Sitecom WL-309). It looks like the translation issue is not caused by the Netgear or Sitecom router, but it is a Windows 10 translation issue. I have notified the Microsoft about it in the Feedback-hub App.

Also "Network Map" is not translatied into Dutch, see screenshot below:

776bed39-dfe5-4cc3-9514-07f87189a636.png

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Wiens,

If you connect the computers to a different router will it shows complete translation?

Message 2 of 4
Wiens
Aspirant

I have tried a router from a different vendor (Sitecom WL-309). It looks like the translation issue is not caused by the Netgear or Sitecom router, but it is a Windows 10 translation issue. I have notified the Microsoft about it in the Feedback-hub App.

Also "Network Map" is not translatied into Dutch, see screenshot below:

776bed39-dfe5-4cc3-9514-07f87189a636.png

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi Wiens,

I am glad you were able to find the culprit. Continue to work with microsoft for resolution.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7