Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Speed Issues

Boots66
Follower

Speed Issues

I have been having issues with speed which I have complained to Shaw Cable here in Edmonton before. |I am payingf for their 300mps download package but doubt I ever see even close to that except once, it was slightly over 200 when I ran a speed test. Last night, I upgraded this laptop on a cabled (not WiFi) connection to my Netgear R8000 X6 Tri-Band AC3200 router which is connected to my bridged Shaw Cable Modem/Router.  The speed of download was so bad yet I did not want to interrupt the process, but it took 4-1/2 hours to download and 'get ready?' Seriously?

So I did the Speedtest.shaw.ca and the plain Speedtest.net and came up with some really bad numbers The best download was 90mbs with 16 up. BUT at times, my download was at 15 while upload was faster at 18!  WOW!

So today I am wanting to 'dot my t's and cross my i's' before the Shaw Cable tech comes next week. First off Shaw had me hook up this laptop as it was easiest thing to use directly to the back of their modem and run the speed test. Today before I began writing this e-mail, I ran both Speedtest and Speedtest.shaw.ca  and it came up at 90 download and 16.3 up.Both tests were virtually the same

Being I find it a bit much to believe that my Netgear Router would throttle the signal, I chose to plug into my router and run the same tests that Shaw Tech Support said would not be equal and YES - the test values were virtually identical!

However, I was a bit surprised to see running the laptop on wifi, and thus connected to my router,  that the Netgear Router WiFi speeds showed half as fast yet I am sitting beside my router now as I type.

Now this is not a new problem, but a continuing aggrevation! I am indicting this as I have just found that there is a firmware update for this R8000 router, but I cannot see how that would magically double those speedtest results above or how it would justify that a somewhat more complex upgrade of Win10 for this computer would take 4-1/2 hrs.

Can anyone offer any suggestions possibly to settings within that might help

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7