Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stan Application

yarram62
Aspirant

Stan Application

Hi,

I purchased the r7800 around Xmas. I signed up for Stan two months ago and still cannot stream movies. My previous router was able to stream Netflix. I also cannot access Stan.

Samsung TV - they have reset , updated firmware, accessed the TV remotely....then set up a wi-fi hotspot and we were able to access Stan and play a movie, howver when we reconnected back to Netgear it didnt work......either application not supported....or if we get to stan it says wait while retrieving your stream.....but it doesnt happen.

I can access Stan on my laptop connected through Netgear....dont have any other problems with my wi-fi network at home.

Stan....have suggested a few things but havenet worked

Netgear ....reset...then updated firmware...have suggested asking stan for port numbers to open....they suggested 80 and 443....have placed them in netgear genie....still didnt work. They have asked for me to go back to stan and ask for more port numbers and/or other settings that maybe useful? Waiting on STan....

Just wondered if anybody else had experienced this difficulty.....just over 2 months and getting a bit tired....or if anybody has any suggestions.

Any advice gratefully received.....Leigh

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
yarram62
Aspirant

Re: Stan Application

Hi,

Thnaks for information but it still isnt working. In its latest response Stan has virtually given up resolving, and has offered to refund my subscription. Appreciate assistance....Thnaks

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi yarram62,

Can you set the IP address of your Samsung TV to DMZ and check if Stan will work.

Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi yarram62.

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 3 of 5
yarram62
Aspirant

Hi,

Thnaks for information but it still isnt working. In its latest response Stan has virtually given up resolving, and has offered to refund my subscription. Appreciate assistance....Thnaks

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi yarram62,

Thank you for the update. You may tag your post as accepted solution.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7