Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

This site can't be reached with Nighthawk R6700v3

atown4
Follower

This site can't be reached with Nighthawk R6700v3

Firmware versions 1.0.04.118 and 1.0.04.120 result in a delay resolving internet addresses or in some cases the message "This site can't be reached". When the message appears the internet page does resolve after reloading/refreshing 1 to 3 times. This also prevents my automatic updates of Quicken and iDrive backup.Router, Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Model R6700v3, This Site Cant Be Reached Message.png

To resolve htis issue, I have had to load firmware version 1.04.106.

This happens with 2 different computers (desktop and laptop) connected to the router via ethernet. Both run winwows 10. It happens with the internet security firewall disabled.

It doesn't happen when the desktop computer is connected directly to the cable modem. It doesn't happen (ot isn't noticeable) to devices connected via wifi. 

I attached a screen image of the message as well as a Windows Network Diagnostic results.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: This site can't be reached with Nighthawk R6700v3

we've seen this issue across multiple product lines. 

Some were able to use IPv6 successfully. others had to take your tact and downgrade. 

thanks for reporting it as the more people who post, the more likely the moderators/engineers get involved

Message 2 of 4
MikeJava
Initiate

Same issue after firmware update. I rolled back to 106 and it works fine.

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @MikeJava, are you still experiencing the issue? You can try and update to the latest version (1.0.4.122) and let us know if the issue will persist.

Dexter

NETGEAR Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7