Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Troubleshooting

Ms_Wit
Tutor

Troubleshooting

Recently installed my 2nd Nighthawk R7300. It, like the first one, rings out every 75 seconds. Since this is covered by one year of Geek Squad support, I contacted them. They didn't really have an answer and Netgear was NOT helpful at all. They just told me to return it and request a new one, suspecting that it was a hardware problem.

Anyone familiar with this and is it really a problem?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Troubleshooting

Well, I've seen similar reports from other people on this forum that their routers make noises.  As I mentioned previously, my R7000 makes noises.  I guess this is normal, though certainly not desirable. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Can you clarify what you mean by "rings out"?  Do you mean the router is making an audible noise or something else?

Message 2 of 6
Ms_Wit
Tutor

Yes, that it makes an audible sound. It "rings out" as though it is trying to make a telephone call. 

The sound that your ear piece makes when you are trying to call someone. It's a bit like

Chinese water torture.

Message 3 of 6
TheEther
Guru

My R7000 makes a noise, but it's fairly faint.  I keep it in the closet, so it doesn't bother me.

If your router is loud enough to bother you, then you should either exchange or return it.

Message 4 of 6
Ms_Wit
Tutor

It's really only a bother when the room is quiet.

My main concern is whether or not it is an indicator of a problem. I have already returned/replaced it and don't want to keep doing that. I got the feelling that Geek Squad wasn't sure, but they replaced it because "maybe" it was due to a hardware problem. 

I'd just like to know for certain.

Message 5 of 6
TheEther
Guru

Well, I've seen similar reports from other people on this forum that their routers make noises.  As I mentioned previously, my R7000 makes noises.  I guess this is normal, though certainly not desirable. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7