Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to access routerlogin.net

Jaspervv
Aspirant

Unable to access routerlogin.net

Hi,

today I installed my new Nighthawk X6 R8000. I have 2 wired desktops connected to it. I started off configuring the router with my primary desktop. The Genie setup started in the browser however it got stuck and I wasn't able to reach it anymore. So I connected to the router through the other desktop. That did work strangely enough. Now it's setup and running. I have internet connection but still can't access the router from my primary desktop where I still am able to do this without problems with the other desktop. I am clueless.. The desktop configurations are the same. They both run Windows 10 and are connected to the router at exactly the same way. 

I also don't see the USB 3 connected harddrive in the network from my primary desktop. I do see it on the other desktop.

What I noctice in the network overview in Genie app on iPhone is the one (working) desktop is shown as type "Windows" while the problem desktop is shown as type "Other".

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Unable to access routerlogin.net

@Jaspervv,

Do you have Kaspersky as your Anti-Virus? Try disabling your Anti-Virus.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Jaspervv,

Welcome to Community!

Have you checked if the primary desktop gets a valid IP address from the router? If yes, what is the IP address and can you ping the default gateway?

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Jaspervv
Aspirant

Yes it seems to my not so expert opinion to be correct:

IPv4 Addres: 192.168.1.3

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

when I ping the the gateway I get: time<1ms TTL=64

packets: sent=4, received=4, lost=0 (0% loss)

so nothing wrong with that eiter..

Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

@Jaspervv,

Do you have Kaspersky as your Anti-Virus? Try disabling your Anti-Virus.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Jaspervv
Aspirant

Ha you are spot on 🙂 I took a 6 months paid support subscription with Netgear support while it was a third party problem to figure this out. They investigated my pc for 1,5 hours before removing Kaspersky turned out to be the issue. Afterwards I installed it again and now its not giving problems anymore.
Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Jaspervv,

Glad to know it works now. If ever you will experience it again, you may need to do the following steps in Kaspersky:

1. Open Kaspersky Internet Security and go to "Settings".

2. On the left pane, click on "Additional". Then, select "Threats and Exclusions".

3. Click "Configure exclusions".

4. Click "Add". Then, browse for your Internet browser's folder location andSelect it.

5. Status of the browser should be “Active”.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7