Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrading from Netgear Nighthawk, what do I need?

ojwaktasa
Follower

Upgrading from Netgear Nighthawk, what do I need?

Hey guys, after messing with firmwares and my Nighthawk never being 100% the same going back to factory and constantly needing reboots, I feel it's time to look for a replacement and am looking for an upgrade as things have changed a great deal for me since I got my Nighthawk years ago but the options seem a bit overwhelming. That said, what do I need to get started and then maybe slowly upgrade from there? I have a 1800 sq ft house with PoE cams, multiple IoT devices, kids with mobile phones, family guests that come and go as well as tenants in a back house I could advertise internet for if possible. What setup would allow me to build out a network for all of these things in an easy and manageable way? Or is Ubiquity not for me?

Message 1 of 2

Re: Upgrading from Netgear Nighthawk, what do I need?

@ojwaktasa wrote:

I feel it's time to look for a replacement and am looking for an upgrade as things have changed a great deal for me since I got my Nighthawk years ago but the options seem a bit overwhelming.

Try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7