Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Very slow network performance wired, wireless and internet

paulbb
Initiate

Very slow network performance wired, wireless and internet

R7000 Night Hawk - Seemingly since upgrading firmware to 1.0.9.6_1.2.19 the network performance has effectively broken, if i plug into the virgin hub then it works great 200Mb/s + down on speed tests with the R7000 in the loop 5.6Mb/s and local transfer from a hard drive plugged into the router that was getting 20+ Mb/s is now at 650 Kb/s.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
paulbb
Initiate

Re: Very slow network performance wired, wireless and internet

Hi thanks for the reply, i tried that but no effect, noticed last night that the QOS was set to on and the speed was suspiciously the same as the internet speed test was showing. Switched it off and magically all back to normal back to getting 200Mbit + on the connection. All i can think is the latest firmware switched it on by default or somehow i clicked it by accident.

View solution in original post

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi paulbb,

Try to reset the router to factory default.

Message 2 of 3
paulbb
Initiate

Hi thanks for the reply, i tried that but no effect, noticed last night that the QOS was set to on and the speed was suspiciously the same as the internet speed test was showing. Switched it off and magically all back to normal back to getting 200Mbit + on the connection. All i can think is the latest firmware switched it on by default or somehow i clicked it by accident.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7