Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Vlan doesnt work correct

Lech07
Aspirant

Vlan doesnt work correct

Hello,
I have tried to make a vlan on port 1 and wifi for iptv, but when i do that my internet doesnt work. I have updated to newest firmware.
How can i solve this?
Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Vlan doesnt work correct

@Lech07 wrote:
I want to make a vlan for tv/streaming and one for internet. I need internet for both.

The feature is intended to configure the ISP-Internet-VLAN for router/Internet usage _plus_ bridge a dedicatged ISP-side VLAN used for IPTV to a dedicated LAN (or why ever also for the all the WiFi intefaces) to connect an ISP provided IPTV box using a dedicated cable or dedicated physical network connected on the selected LAN port(s).

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to take a look at this KB.

https://kb.netgear.com/000048453/What-do-I-need-to-know-about-setting-up-VLANs

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Lech07 wrote:
I have tried to make a vlan on port 1 and wifi for iptv, but when i do that my internet doesnt work. I have updated to newest firmware.

The devices on the local network (LAN port(s) and/or WiFi) you bridge to the IPTV VLAN [assuming all configued correct] are lost for the normal Internet access as that would be a diferent VLAN. Note: On the LAN port(s) selected and the WiFi there won't be any VLANing.

Message 3 of 5
Lech07
Aspirant

I want to make a vlan for tv/streaming and one for internet. I need internet for both.

Is vlan recommended to get better streaming?
I am running with a router from ISP in bridge mode
Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Lech07 wrote:

The feature is intended to configure the ISP-Internet-VLAN for router/Internet usage _plus_ bridge a dedicatged ISP-side VLAN used for IPTV to a dedicated LAN (or why ever also for the all the WiFi intefaces) to connect an ISP provided IPTV box using a dedicated cable or dedicated physical network connected on the selected LAN port(s).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7