Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What are the steps/instructions to USB Tethering Cellphone with PdaDet to Nighthawk?

Dunes
Aspirant

What are the steps/instructions to USB Tethering Cellphone with PdaDet to Nighthawk?

I have tried searching the Community and Google.  I would like to USB tether my phone with PdaNet to router. 

What are the settings/instructions to set up router?  I can tether phone to PC via USB and it works great!  I do have Windows 10 with mobile hotspot but having issues on getting that to work when I am connected via USB tethering to PC. 

Any help would be gladly appreciated as I know one and/or both above scenarios will work but not quite sure on the settings.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Dunes
Aspirant

Re: What are the steps/instructions to USB Tethering Cellphone with PdaDet to Nighthawk?

Thank you very much for the replies! I really appreciate it as this saved me hours of chasing something that is not there! 🙂

Great Community Support!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: What are the steps/instructions to USB Tethering Cellphone with PdaDet to Nighthawk?

I know of no way to use your cell phone as the internet connection for a Nighthawk router.

Message 2 of 6
Dunes
Aspirant

Thank you for your quick response!  I read forums on where Asus routers could be used in the same scenerio as above. 

Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi Dunes,

I will confirm what StephenB answered. NETGEAR routers will not work with USB Tethering connections. The USB ports are used for external drives and usb printers.

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi Dunes,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 6
Dunes
Aspirant

Thank you very much for the replies! I really appreciate it as this saved me hours of chasing something that is not there! 🙂

Great Community Support!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7