Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

When I updated to the R7000 router my HP Photosmart 4500 printer is no longer connected.

mlaster
Follower

When I updated to the R7000 router my HP Photosmart 4500 printer is no longer connected.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
algox
Aspirant

Re: When I updated to the R7000 router my HP Photosmart 4500 printer is no longer connected.

While trying to find a solution to my own issue I came across your issue and figured I could offer you some helpful advice. I would start with the basic and most obivious solutions and work from there. None of the suggestions below is to offend you. Even if it seems ridiculous I would still follow the advice and check it.

Note if your ping test:

• is successful then the issue is not with the router but possibly with your computer's printer settings or printer configuration settings. 
  • fails then issue could possibly be with the router. (For instance I'm having an issue where 2.4GHz band is operating in isolation mode. No device on the network can see each other. This doesn't occur on my router's 5GHz band.)

Good luck, hope this helps.

(***Note all links above is set to open in a new window. If the link doesn't open check your pop-up blocker.)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
algox
Aspirant

Re: When I updated to the R7000 router my HP Photosmart 4500 printer is no longer connected.

While trying to find a solution to my own issue I came across your issue and figured I could offer you some helpful advice. I would start with the basic and most obivious solutions and work from there. None of the suggestions below is to offend you. Even if it seems ridiculous I would still follow the advice and check it.

Note if your ping test:

• is successful then the issue is not with the router but possibly with your computer's printer settings or printer configuration settings. 
  • fails then issue could possibly be with the router. (For instance I'm having an issue where 2.4GHz band is operating in isolation mode. No device on the network can see each other. This doesn't occur on my router's 5GHz band.)

Good luck, hope this helps.

(***Note all links above is set to open in a new window. If the link doesn't open check your pop-up blocker.)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7