Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why? I should NOT buy netgear routers - Nightmare Stories from owners

nnagreg
Apprentice

All ->  Please Share your stories of support nightmares and positives ones too if you have them!

NETGEAR->  Please get your stuff together and re-focus on the current needs of your existing customers.

CUSTOMERS ->  Don't buy Netgear right now, as the support for the product drops off the moment your make the purchase!

Hello All,

Thought that I should start this new discussion and generate these conversations,  as I've historically been a NETGEAR euthenists over the years.   But, my recent experience has changed my mind and have found that many of are you having the similar unresolved issues.

Hope this helps get the word out to NETGEAR,   letting them know we are frustrated and we would like the developer team back in line with community of actual users.

-----------------

MY NIGHTMARE STORIES (unresolved):

Model: Nighhawk RDP8000p  - Paid ~$450
Recommendation ->  Don't buy netgear anymore, wait until they get new development staff

My Netgear Nightmares:

--> Months & Unresolved  DNS  Not working or frequent refreshes required   -> Work arounds that really are ineffective, support forum suggests going back to older firmware versions or turn on IPv6,   promises of  FIRMWARE updates that never happen

---> Mysterious TIME issues,  NTP pulls down time is two years old and prevents upgrades from happening, only fix is manual key in of NTP IP address
---> Power supply failure (not covered by warranty) 

-----------------

Message 1 of 2
nnagreg
Apprentice

All ->  Please Share your stories of support nightmares and positives ones too if you have them!

NETGEAR->  Please get your stuff together and re-focus on the current needs of your existing customers.

CUSTOMERS ->  Don't buy Netgear right now, as the support for the product drops off the moment your make the purchase!

Hello All,

Thought that I should start this new discussion and generate these conversations,  as I've historically been a NETGEAR euthenists over the years.   But, my recent experience has changed my mind and have found that many of are you having the similar unresolved issues.

Hope this helps get the word out to NETGEAR,   letting them know we are frustrated and we would like the developer team back in line with community of actual users.

-----------------

MY NIGHTMARE STORIES (unresolved):

Model: Nighhawk RDP8000p  - Paid ~$450
Recommendation ->  Don't buy netgear anymore, wait until they get new development staff

My Netgear Nightmares:

--> Months & Unresolved  DNS  Not working or frequent refreshes required   -> Work arounds that really are ineffective, support forum suggests going back to older firmware versions or turn on IPv6,   promises of  FIRMWARE updates that never happen

---> Mysterious TIME issues,  NTP pulls down time is two years old and prevents upgrades from happening, only fix is manual key in of NTP IP address
---> Power supply failure (not covered by warranty) 

-----------------

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7