Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wifi security camera

sstoots
Aspirant

Wifi security camera

I have a Soliur XS7 Pro Wifi Solar security camera.

I have created a 2.4ghz SSID for the camera to access.   Launching  the camera app utility on my phone which is connected to the same 2.4ghz SSID.     The camera cannot find the router.  It obviously will not pair given the failure to recognize.

I specifically bought this $450 router to get my security camera on the Wifi network.

Ideas?

Message 1 of 16
plemans
Guru

what router do you have? 

Have you tried a different 2.4ghz channel? 

Message 2 of 16
sstoots
Aspirant

1. I have the 8-stream AX WiFi Gateway(CAX80).   I have two SSIDs.   One for the 5ghz channel and one for the 2.4ghz channel.   The camera does not 'see' either one.  I am never prompted for a SSID to choose or for credentials to provide.   I will say that that I had the same issue with the Comcast router this replaced.    The folks Best Buy assured me that this Netgear Nighthawk router would work with the camera.

The camera has fully charged batteries .    I am trying to get it paired before hanging

outside.     I have sought help with the camera support website .  No response.

Message 3 of 16
plemans
Guru

Try disabling AX on the 2.4ghz band. 

It could be the camera doesn't play nicely with the new AX spec. 

Message 4 of 16
sstoots
Aspirant

Unless I am totally missing something, the Admin app for the NightHawk lacks the granularity to make any changes aside from renaming SSIDs, associating them with either 2.4 or 5ghz channels, or changing the password.    

Message 5 of 16
Kitsap
Master

@sstoots wrote:

Unless I am totally missing something, the Admin app for the NightHawk lacks the granularity to make any changes aside from renaming SSIDs, associating them with either 2.4 or 5ghz channels, or changing the password.    

To configure your router and change settings, connect to the router via an ethernet cable and a real computer with a web browser.  You are wasting your time with any other approach.

In the 2.4 GHz band configuration, look for 20/40 MHz coexistence and disable it.

Message 6 of 16
sstoots
Aspirant

unfortunately,none of my home devices have a LAN (Ethernet) connection. 

Message 7 of 16
plemans
Guru

You don't need a lan connection to log in through the browser and make changes. Its just a nice thing to have to prevent errors. 

Message 8 of 16
sstoots
Aspirant

I went in to router administration through the web (192.168.1.1) and toggled off 20/40 mhz coexistence.   No change .   Not being promoted through the camera setup app to select a SSID or associated credentials.

Message 9 of 16
Kitsap
Master

You might need to reset your camera to initiate the setup process again.

Did you power down and restart your router after making the changes?

@sstoots wrote:

I went in to router administration through the web (192.168.1.1) and toggled off 20/40 mhz coexistence.   No change .   Not being promoted through the camera setup app to select a SSID or associated credentials.

Message 10 of 16
sstoots
Aspirant

Yes, I have powered the router off and on .
Message 11 of 16
Kitsap
Master

Have you reset the camera to initiate the setup process?

Message 12 of 16
sstoots
Aspirant

Yes . I have hit the camera reset button numerous times . I also rebooted the router
Message 13 of 16
Kitsap
Master

You have had the similar issues with two different pieces of modem/router hardware.  It appears your phone does not have any issue finding and making connection to the 2.4 GHz band.  If you look at the reviews on Amazon, you are not the only person with issues with this camera.  When you go to the camera manufacturer's web site and try to download the manual, the web site is messed up.

Maybe it is time to change your focus to problems with the camera and not the wi-fi.

Good luck.

Message 14 of 16
sstoots
Aspirant

Totally agree.  The router is not the problem.     I believe the camera's capability to pair is somehow inhibited .       If the camera pairing attempt as Initiated through the app (as documented in the camera documentation) fails to show the SSID and prompt for credentials,

it is an app/camera problem.     I have finally connected with the engineers who support the app.   Unfortunately, their suggestions have already been tried with no success.

Message 15 of 16
plemans
Guru

Did you try disabling AX? 

I asked it earlier but you didn't put if that option was tried. 

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7