Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Win 10 64bit problems: Readyshare Vault bu engine fails and USB control center has to manually start

sysmanRick
Aspirant

Win 10 64bit problems: Readyshare Vault bu engine fails and USB control center has to manually start

My 8000 series Nighthawk 6 dyshare7Aurora machine running Win 10 64 bit osRouter worked well on 32 bit win 10.

I now have an Alien Gef Reaar R6 Machine running Win 10 64 bit os..

Problem 1. Lates rev of Readyshare vault installed at machine e to manually start the printer from the USB Controlstartup. The Backup engine intermittenly aborts.

Problen 2: My current printer(Epson RX-580) will not print. I have to manually start the printer from the USB Network control center.

I have uninstalled the latest revs and reinstall them several times. Other than these problems router functions flawlessly.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
sysmanRick
Aspirant

Re: Win 10 64bit problems: Readyshare Vault bu engine fails and USB control center has to manually s

Readyshare Vault is Rev 2.0.10.100 . Genie is Rev 2.4.38 .

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: Win 10 64bit problems: Readyshare Vault bu engine fails and USB control center has to manuall...

Hi sysmanRick,

The USB control center should always run in order for the printer to work.

Message 2 of 9
sysmanRick
Aspirant

Re: Win 10 64bit problems: Readyshare Vault bu engine fails and USB control center has to manuall...

Should,but it does not. I have perused the other reported problems on this site,but no solution is applicable. In my 20 years of Network support there is always some "hidden" glitch around. I will continue to research the problem .

Message 3 of 9
mdunderpar
Tutor

Re: Win 10 64bit problems: Readyshare Vault bu engine fails and USB control center has to manually s

I have the R8000 rounter using NetGear Genier which includes ReadyShare Vault.  I've been using the as my backup solution for several months.  As of June 26th I've been receiving an error while my backup begins "Backup Engine Failed".  I've played around with the software and even performed an uninstslled then reinstall.  I still can't run a backup.  I did notice both Genie services stopped after the backup tried to run, GenieTimeline Services and NETGEARGenieDaemon.  

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

Message 4 of 9
sysmanRick
Aspirant

Have you downloaded the latest rev of Readyshare ? This was a problem for me until I installed the latest rev of Readyshare.

Message 5 of 9
mdunderpar
Tutor

I'm on Genie 

Version 2.4.38  I believe this is the latest version.  Please let me know what the version is if I'm mistaken 

Message 6 of 9
mdunderpar
Tutor

Also, my surface works fine and I'm running Windows 10 64bit with the same version on NetGear Genie.

Thanks for the help so far.

Message 7 of 9
sysmanRick
Aspirant

Readyshare Vault is Rev 2.0.10.100 . Genie is Rev 2.4.38 .

Message 8 of 9
mdunderpar1
Aspirant

Hey, I did get my backup to start working again.  Thanks for the help.  

Now I just got to figure out why the router keeps losing connection with the drives I have connected to it.  They are both 5TB drives which again worked fine for a long time.  I have roughly 3.5TB of files I'm tring to backup.  

I had to roll back my firmware for the router to V1.0.3.32 due to not being able to log into the router through the Genie application.  

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7