Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X6S R7900P Invalid MAC address when reserving IPs

MT_Tony
Follower

X6S R7900P Invalid MAC address when reserving IPs

As the title says, when trying to reserve an IP address under LAN settings I get the following error: "Invalid MAC Address" followed by the MAC address of the device.

Firmware Version: V1.4.4.94_1.3.56

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: X6S R7900P Invalid MAC address when reserving IPs

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Wi-Fi-5-AC-Routers/Top-NETGEAR-FAQs-Support-and-End-of-Se...

Yout might look for some 3rd party FW or consider getting into a newer generation router.

Message 2 of 4
c_of_c
Star

"You might look for some 3rd party FW or consider getting into a newer generation router"

I am having the same issue. When I try to edit or add an address reservation, I receive the "Invalid Mac Address" message. The above response does not make sense to me. Netgear releases a new version of the firmware, it has this bug, and the solution is "get a new router?". If new firmware is released that contains a bug, the firmware should be fixed by Netgear, regardless of the hardware support status, and made known to the users. This is not "we want new function", I do not expect (nor want) that with end-of-life as passed.  This is "we want current function you broke to be fixed".

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The R7900 has entered into EOL, the R7960P hasn't...yet. 

@c_of_c wrote:

"You might look for some 3rd party FW or consider getting into a newer generation router"

I am having the same issue. When I try to edit or add an address reservation, I receive the "Invalid Mac Address" message. The above response does not make sense to me. Netgear releases a new version of the firmware, it has this bug, and the solution is "get a new router?". If new firmware is released that contains a bug, the firmware should be fixed by Netgear, regardless of the hardware support status, and made known to the users. This is not "we want new function", I do not expect (nor want) that with end-of-life as passed.  This is "we want current function you broke to be fixed".

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7