Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: before you buy

netoperator
Aspirant

before you buy

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, If I want to buy-- and install-- a router for computer and smartphone. What do I need to buy ? Thank you

Message 1 of 7
microchip8
Master

Buy the router you want and set it up. That's it

Message 2 of 7
netoperator
Aspirant

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,  I am thinking of buying wireless router. Do I need a modem ? i connect to internet wireless. Thank you

Message 3 of 7
PauLita
Luminary

Neither Ladies, nor Gentlemen need anything to buy to connect their smartphones to internet.

Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@PauLita wrote:

Neither Ladies, nor Gentlemen need anything to buy to connect their smartphones to internet.

Also the computer can be linked up with the smartphone.

@netoperator you need to provide more details for your plan. Of course, Netgear, your mobile operator, or any other router maker will be happy to offer some addiitonal hardware solutons.

Netgear's offerings are here:

4G/5G WiFi Routers Equally good for home, SOHO and a smaller SMB out there in the no-wired-Internet areas.

4G/LTE Modems Of course not a modem as no analogue modulation and demodulation, technically a bridge. The modem term is misleading anaway, it can serve (and does out of the box) as a NAT router for wired Ethernet. It can be used as a router in combination with a switch and a wireless access point, or in bridge mode to connect your WiFi router or Mesh system of choice.

Mobile WiFi Hotspots 

Message 5 of 7
PauLita
Luminary

Or:

Netgear2.jpg

Message 6 of 7
netoperator
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

@PauLita wrote:

Also the computer can be linked up with the smartphone.

Do I need a modem for wireless internet with 2 computers ? Thank you

@netoperator you need to provide more details for your plan. Of course, Netgear, your mobile operator, or any other router maker will be happy to offer some addiitonal hardware solutons.

Netgear's offerings are here:

4G/5G WiFi Routers Equally good for home, SOHO and a smaller SMB out there in the no-wired-Internet areas.

4G/LTE Modems Of course not a modem as no analogue modulation and demodulation, technically a bridge. The modem term is misleading anaway, it can serve (and does out of the box) as a NAT router for wired Ethernet. It can be used as a router in combination with a switch and a wireless access point, or in bridge mode to connect your WiFi router or Mesh system of choice.

Mobile WiFi Hotspots 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7