Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can't 'select' router, nor get on paid Spectrum link to disney etc. Nighthawk X10 AD7200 (R9000)

JimCrowley
Follower

can't 'select' router, nor get on paid Spectrum link to disney etc. Nighthawk X10 AD7200 (R9000)

Re: Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart Wi Fi Router (R9000)

Tried to add (10-yr-old/smart) Samsung TV # 2 on network. Did something wrong. Older TV asked me to specify a security type. But front of router has two buttons labeled with icons. I took a chance, now all access = FUBAR.

Was working fine for week with brand-new Samsung TV # 1.

Until yesterday, Router also 'saw' Mac home network, but now it is off network list.

Today, i can't 'add network' using Mac sys preferences.

Verified proper-case-sensitivity on NETGEAR95 and its lower-case password.

Also until yesterday, i used Spectrum to login2 Disney+/Netflix/Amazon.

So today, none of my Mac OS 10.8 'see' router.

And Spectrum/newest Samsung TV recognizes NETGEAR95, but won't let me use NETGEAR95 for 3 add-on video services. 

I had to come to library to at least come here and get onto my email. I am limited to 1 hour use.

Please also email suggestions to me c/o jcrowconsult@gmail.com

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: can't 'select' router, nor get on paid Spectrum link to disney etc. Nighthawk X10 AD7200 (R9000)

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

How is the wifi configured on the Router? 

Is smart connect enabled on the router? 

What security mode are you using? WPA2 and AES is recommended/ 

Try changing the wifi SSID name to something different along with creating a new password? 

Message 2 of 3
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

Re: can't 'select' router, nor get on paid Spectrum link to disney etc. Nighthawk X10 AD7200 (R9000)

@JimCrowley 

I see you mentioned you pushed some buttons on the front of the router.

Is the button on the far right (as you are looking at it) lighted?    This button turns on and turns off the WiFi signal.

If it is NOT lighted, press it and hold it for 2 - 3 seconds and see if it stays lighted.

Then go back and check the ability to see the router at your television.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7