Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

changing my IP address. asks for login ...which login would that be, as I have more than one

ShariR
Follower

changing my IP address. asks for login ...which login would that be, as I have more than one

My question is simple. Which user name and password do I use to login and change my IP address in Advanced? I have tried all my user names & passwords, SSIDs and passwords, and admin and password. Nothing works. I will not change my passwords. Can someone please tell me which user name and password I need to login? Please only people with viable solution reply (other than changing the password on the router). Cheer Shari R

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: changing my IP address. asks for login ...which login would that be, as I have more than one

the user name is always "admin" (lower case)

the password will be whatever you set it to when you installed the router. It initially lets you login with the default password and then you have to change it. 

There is an password recovery option. Problem with it is, if you didn't set it up, it still lets you go through it but there isn't a correct answer. so it keeps asking and doesn't let you in. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24220/How-do-I-recover-my-NETGEAR-admin-password-using-the-password-recovery-...

So if you don't remember the password and can't recover it, then you'd need to factory reset to get back in. 

Defaults: 

login: admin

password: password

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series