Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

connection

BruceWBarger
Follower

connection

I just recently purchased R6400v2 router and after installing cables as required I received a "no internet connection" on my computer even though the text below that says I am connected? and all of the router lights were white giving the appearance that all devices (cable modem, wifi router and computer) were functioning and that the router had synced with my ISP signal. I tried different cables to make sure they were not defective. Is there a need to reconfigure my network settings? Is there a firewall issue? I have  I Need some help before I spend more money.

Bruce

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: connection

@BruceWBarger wrote:

I just recently purchased R6400v2 router and after installing cables as required I received a "no internet connection" on my computer even though the text below that says I am connected?

What threw up that message?

This is a Windows PC?

If so, the issue is probably at that end.

Is this wired to the router or wifi?

A first step is to run the Windows Network Troubleshooter.

One thing that has worked for some people is to tell Windows that you are on a "private network".

• Network and Internet settings
  • Network Status
  • Change Connection Properties
  • Network Profile
  • Private

I'm told that this is rubbish by one knowall, but it has got me out of a hole in the past. Perhaps there was some subtle interaction in there that is beyond my brain power to understand.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7