Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

good lan speed horribe wifi

asmith1979
Tutor

good lan speed horribe wifi

Hello everyone

I have 1gig service and on lan get 700 up and down, on 2.4 I get 70 up and down on everey device in the house and on 5 I get 175-250 down and 300-400 up. Ive disabled Qos, traffic meter, and pretty much anything that I could find gained maybe 40mbps overall. ive put 2.4 into 40mhz, changed the channels. its running the latest firmware (it came with it). is this a known issue with the newest firm? should I roll back? The modem is provided by my ISP, it’s a Zhone modem. any suggestions? thanks  

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
asmith1979
Tutor

Re: good lan speed horribe wifi

I purchased a Linksys ae 9300 and get 440-470 dL and 600 upload on the same phone with all things being equal.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
asmith1979
Tutor

FYI, router is brand new, service is new also. all cords cat7

Message 2 of 6

@asmith1979 wrote:

on 2.4 I get 70 up and down on everey device in the house and on 5 I get 175-250 down and 300-400 up.

Do you have any evidence that these wifi clients can get better speeds than those?

For example, do they do lot better with different wifi sources?

Remember, wifi speeds depend on the clients as well as the router. The fastest router on the planet will do nothing for the speed of a client that is already working at its limits.

@asmith1979 wrote:
its running the latest firmware (it came with it).

We only have your word for that. What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Message 3 of 6
asmith1979
Tutor

Thanks for the reply. All drivers on computers updated.

Do you have any evidence that these wifi clients can get better speeds than those?

For example, do they do lot better with different wifi sources?

Remember, wifi speeds depend on the clients as well as the router. The fastest router on the planet will do nothing for the speed of a client that is already working at its limits.

ANSWER- they are iphone 8's which are capable of well over 212dl and 500 up also PS4 gets 45d and 17u

- my computer lan line to router gets 600-700 up and down. On wifi it gets 75on 2.4 and 175 on 5GHZ all wifi tests are done 10ft or less from router and bluetooth off

firmware-

Firmware Version V1.3.1.44_10.1.23

Message 4 of 6
asmith1979
Tutor

I most likely will be returning this. unless Im missing something. The guy at bestbuy tried to warn me. He said id have poor Wifi. 

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 5 of 6
asmith1979
Tutor

I purchased a Linksys ae 9300 and get 440-470 dL and 600 upload on the same phone with all things being equal.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7