Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

have a 7960P nighthawk, can't login to to Everquest for last couple of weeks

xmaswiz
Aspirant

have a 7960P nighthawk, can't login to to Everquest for last couple of weeks

have a 7960P nighthawk, can't login to to Everquest for last couple of weeks. have tested Computer directly to cable modem and have no issues that way. Laptop has same exact problem. Did have to set MTU in router to 1490, other wise kept getting complete packet losses. Tried loading older firmware that had no issues, but still can't login to Everquest servers. I've tried portforwarding with no luck at all. Web pages have to be recycled sometimes as well as pages sometimes do not load right away. Any advise is welcome.

TKS

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: have a 7960P nighthawk, can't login to to Everquest for last couple of weeks

Probably something to ask the support group for the Mfr of this game. 

Message 2 of 9
xmaswiz
Aspirant

Re: have a 7960P nighthawk, can't login to to Everquest for last couple of weeks

Thanks for the reply, already asked there. Problem is with the router.
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

Do you have IPv6 enabled? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

You said an older firmware worked? Did you try just downgrading and leaving it? 

Message 4 of 9
xmaswiz
Aspirant

I have a Spectrum supplied EU2251 DOCIS 3.1 cable modem. I can connect my computer directly to the modem, and have no problems getting into everquest. As soon as I add the router back in, get the problem back (note that this was occurring with a surfboard modem,, that I could directly connect with computer and login without issues to everquest. The router is the only thing that hasn't been changed out). Rolling back to previous firmware doesn't work now. I have tested all cables, the only thing I haven't been able to swap out is the router. This router is a warranty replacement. The original unit got stuck in a firmware upgrade lock. I couldn't reset it,, login to it, or use it at all. The hassle that netgear customer service gave me to replace was just terrible. If I can't solve this problem soon,, will be getting a TP-Link unit.

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

did you try enabling ipv6? 

have you tried using a different dns provider for both ipv4 and ipv6? 

Message 6 of 9
xmaswiz
Aspirant

I have tried both, but had IPV6 on auto detect. Changed it to auto configure and that has helped. Now can connect 1 out of 10 tries. Thanks, still looks like I'll need to replace the router.

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

Did you change the dns provider for both the ipv4 settings and the ipv6

Message 8 of 9
xmaswiz
Aspirant

yes. it did make the wired connection work, but not the wireless connections. Replaced router with TP-Link, Everything working properly now.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7