Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

mY MAC says I'm not connected to WiFi and I don't know why. My 7000v2 looks ok.

ptdemers
Follower

mY MAC says I'm not connected to WiFi and I don't know why. My 7000v2 looks ok.

I thought I had nether on the phone and I wanted to reseat my modem to prior settings before talking with HP for a new printer last month which I returned.  Meantime, my modem isn't running right. what's going on!

Message 1 of 3

Re: mY MAC says I'm not connected to WiFi and I don't know why. My 7000v2 looks ok.

Not sure that I understand your message, but Mac owners might like to read this:

NETGEAR Mobile Applications and Apple Devices FAQ - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: mY MAC says I'm not connected to WiFi and I don't know why. My 7000v2 looks ok.

Is that a C7000v2 by chance? 

What channel configurations are currently set on the router?  
What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...

@ptdemers wrote:

I thought I had nether on the phone and I wanted to reseat my modem to prior settings before talking with HP for a new printer last month which I returned.  Meantime, my modem isn't running right. what's going on!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series