Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: my iphone can only get 22mb on wifi instead of the 210mb it is meant to have

cjbutterfly
Guide

my iphone can only get 22mb on wifi instead of the 210mb it is meant to have

hi guys , firstly I am a tech noob ish , i have the xr500 router set up at home as my kds are gamers and the virgin hub was poop!

every device in my house get speeds of 210 mb but my ihone will only get between 5 and 20mb 😞 does anyone know why its so poor on the iphone and anything i can do to fix it please ?

Message 1 of 11
plemans
Guru

Re: my iphone can only get 22mb on wifi instead of the 210mb it is meant to have

All the other devices work fine and get full speeds? 

Is the iphone connected to the 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

Message 2 of 11
cjbutterfly
Guide

yes all other devices work perfectly , how do i check which i am connected to sorry 

Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

I hate to say this but

1. I don't have an iphone so I'm not sure if you can check it through the wireless settings (android guy)

and 

2. I dont' have a xr500 (or any other dumaOS device) so i have no idea if the attached devices page shows what band you're connected to. 

Sorry!

maybe @Netduma-Fraser has a little more info on the XR500 side of things 🙂 

Message 4 of 11
cjbutterfly
Guide

dont worry i am starting to wish i was an android girl lol, i am trying to find out on the dashboard but it keeps saying r hasnt loaded yet 😞

Message 5 of 11
cjbutterfly
Guide

god i have another problem now the dashboard wont even load just keeps saying the r app hasnt loaded try again in a minute 😞

Message 6 of 11
plemans
Guru

What version of the firmware are you on? 

Have you tried a simple reboot of the router? 

Message 7 of 11
cjbutterfly
Guide

yes i have rebboted now and all displays are back but no where does it show if its 2.4 or 5 

Message 8 of 11
cjbutterfly
Guide

the firmware is on 2.3.2.66

Message 9 of 11
plemans
Guru

You can always cheat and potentially disable the 2.4ghz on the router for a period of time. Thatt would ensure the iphones on the 5ghz. test the speed and see what you get. Then turn the 2.4ghz back on so devices can use it. 

page 110 goes over disabling wifi 

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500_UM_EN.pdf

Message 10 of 11
cjbutterfly
Guide

Thank you for your help I have managed to turn off the smart control for 2.4 and 5 and hooked up to the 5 now my speed is bang on 🙌🏼
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7