Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

nighthawk R7000 slow internet cabled

bartwallebroek
Follower

nighthawk R7000 slow internet cabled

When PC is attached to the modem directly I get 200Mb/s download speed.  When the PC is hooked up to the Router I only get 80Mb/s

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Flimpy
Aspirant

Re: nighthawk R7000 slow internet cabled

hm... I did factory reset of the R7000 and it gave me wifi with ~200 Mbps internet speed (my plan limit)... this is the first time I did the factory reset thing after upgrading firmware... if it is a mandatory step - my bad. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Flimpy
Aspirant

Something is really wierd going on with Netgear routers. 

here is what I have: 

1) R7000 (FW: V1.0.7.10_1.2.3), 5 GHz channel - 161

a) very slow 5G wi-fi on iphones 7 and Dell e7370 - 20 Mbps out of 200 Mbps

b) decent wi-fi on my MacBook Air 2011 - 160 Mbps out of 200 Mbps

c) good LAN internet speeds - 200 Mbps out of 200 Mbps 

d) poor airplay quality (spiky video and/or lag between video and audio) 

e) very stable with Nest cameras (I have 6 of them), no issues with it at all 

2) R9000, 5 GHz channel - 161. I bought this router yesterday, have not upgraded FW as I saw people reported issues with it and just did not want to add an extra variable to the equasion - routers should work well out of the box, right? Not if it is Netgear router.

a) very fast 5G wifi speeds on all devices I used with R7000, wifi speed and range has left me stunned (in a good way).

b) no issues with airplay at all - everything works fine 

c) R9000 can't keep my Nest cameras online - they are dropped offline pretty frequently, while everything else is working well

I have created a post, asking question about R9000 issue with Nest cameras (~7 hours ago), but it hasn't appeared on the forum. I just went and returned the R9000 back to the store, will be sticking with my slow (but reliable) R7000 until someone will create a reliable router.  

Message 2 of 3
Flimpy
Aspirant

hm... I did factory reset of the R7000 and it gave me wifi with ~200 Mbps internet speed (my plan limit)... this is the first time I did the factory reset thing after upgrading firmware... if it is a mandatory step - my bad. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7