Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"Attached devices" and "Access Control" not working on Nighthawk X10

bbaraniec
Luminary

Re: "Attached devices" and "Access Control use voxel firmware 1.0.4.5 to get acess co

@ChristineT @DarrenM any update ?

Message 76 of 98
wireframeX
Aspirant

Re: "Attached devices" and "Access Control use voxel firmware 1.0.4.5 to get acess co

Thanks a lot

Now it works perfectly 🙂

Message 77 of 98
bbaraniec
Luminary

@wireframeX you went for voxel firmware? Which one?

Message 78 of 98
wireframeX
Aspirant

@bbaraniec This one : R9000-V1.0.4.5HF --> I have 30 entries in my own LAN with Control Access now without any pb. Far less buggy than the official one.

All the best

Phil

Message 79 of 98
bbaraniec
Luminary

I'm giving Voxel a try. Installed, first impression web gui is way faster, samba transfers are around 50% faster and I got ssh access 🙂

Message 80 of 98
wireframeX
Aspirant

@bbaraniec Well done 🙂

Message 81 of 98
Biggz
Initiate

Can I get confirmation from someone who is employed through Netgear, stating that the above software is indeed the way to fix the problem of "Attached Devices" not showing up?

Thank you.

Message 82 of 98
fusebox718
Aspirant

Re: "Attached devices" and "Access Control" not working on Nighthawk X10

FYI: 

Voxel Warning:

I am not responsible for any damage of your router if you decide to try this custom firmware. You should do all under your own risk and responsibility. Your router is your router and you should understand the risk to brick it.

Message 83 of 98
markpower77
Aspirant

Its unacceptable for Netgear!  Ive had a D8500 from December 2017 and still no access. Have to keep resetting the router which is not an ideal situation for a £300 router.  Not happy

Message 84 of 98
bbaraniec
Luminary

Lurking here two weeks later, still nothing from Netgear. This is support at its finest. 

Message 85 of 98
redeliam
Aspirant

@ChristineT I am having the same issues as @bbaraniec .  I cannot see any devices on the Attached Devices page.  I also cannot see anything on the Access Control Page.  Any Update on when a true fix may be released?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 86 of 98
ChristineT
Admin

Good morning @redeliam,

I have asked @DarrenM to work with you to get you the beta firmware for the R9000 that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue after you have installed the firmware so we can investigate further if needed.

Good morning to you too @bbaraniec

I'd like to take an opportunity to ensure we are both on the same page with regards to the issue(s) you are currently experiencing. I believe the beta firmware resolved the issue with Attached Devices, however, may have introduced a different issue with Ethernet ports locking up. Is that right? 

We have created a new thread to track this issue separately under the following topic: R9000 Ethernet ports locked up on Beta firmware. This has already been escalated to engineering when it was first reported.  Please allow me a chance to obtain an update for you.

Warm Regards,

Christine

Message 87 of 98
redeliam
Aspirant

@ChristineT thanks for the quick response to my inquiry.  Unfortunately, the BETA did not resolve my Attached Device Issue.  I also cannot see any devices on the Access Control Page.  However, I can see a device count on the Basic Overview page.    I sent some feedback back to @DarrenM along with screenshots.

Appreciate the support.

cheers, redeliam

Message 88 of 98
WAJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem still alive and (un)well in v1.0.4.12

Message 89 of 98
WAJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here even now with v1.0.4.12

Message 90 of 98
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Waj

I have sent you a PM

DarrenM

Message 91 of 98
schumaku
Guru

@DarrenM can you share the basic tenor of the PM - is a factory reset required to fix the potentially corrupted config, or is the firmware supposed to be fixing potential config issues? It's very difficult to help other users in the community if things are handled in PM.

Message 92 of 98
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

It was a Beta firmware that I sent him and anyone can PM me for it they need it.

DarrenM

Message 93 of 98
schumaku
Guru

@DarrenM wrote:

It was a Beta firmware that I sent him and anyone can PM me for it they need it.

PM sent.

What is the scope or the change of that Beta - will it be able to deal with potentially corrupted configurations, or is it "just" enhanced code to avoid the possible corruption caused by certain admin tasks?

Message 94 of 98
R9000help
Aspirant

I am having the same issues with no access control. Can you PM me a link to the beta firmware? After over a year of struggling with this issue i need to try something. Thanks
Message 95 of 98
schumaku
Guru

@R9000help Netgear is about to establish a closed-group for this Beta @ChristineT and @Christian_R are able to grant the access. 

Message 96 of 98
BadKarma6148651
Aspirant

Having this problem as well and severely frustrated with this crap on a $500 router. How about this beta firmware?

Not sure why we have to PM to get it, but I will try it before starting a replacement escalation.

Message 97 of 98
SlightlyRemoved
Initiate

Like so many others here I am also experiencing the issue with attached devices & access control displaying blank pages on my r9000/x10 running V1.0.4.12 firmware. I wanted to look into what help netgear is offering before switching to custom firmware. I'd be intereste in the beta firmware but I'm also hesitant as i dont want to trade one issue for another, and frankly locked ethernet ports is a larger immediate issue for me than access control being wonky as my existing settings are being enforced - just cant change them. Can I also get the beta FW along with an invite to the group being created for it?

All told each of these options are ridiculous solutions for a $500 product. I've got 40+ clients on my lan, 30 of which are smart bulbs and outlets and I sure as hell don't relish the idea of having to reassign each device IP ,DNS & VLAN provisions. Next go round I'll be going with a firewall and a pair of WAP's for about the same as I paid for the x10. Don't get me wrong when it worked it was a fantastic device but this bug has soured me.

Message 98 of 98
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7