Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r6700 v3 poor router performance after getting fiber optic service

Turborat
Follower

r6700 v3 poor router performance after getting fiber optic service

So i had fiber optic service installed yesterday and before switching services over (from broadband) i took a speed reading via the netgear nighthawk app and my readings were 222mbps download and 11.94 upload and after fiber optic install my numbers were 151 download and 6.73 upload. all my updates are installed. and my readings at my on a hardwired pc are 500 download and 500 upload so it appears there is a wi/fi issue. any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: r6700 v3 poor router performance after getting fiber optic service

Make sure to disable qos, access control, parental controls, and traffic monitoring and reboot the router. 
If that doesn't help, try factory resetting and reinstalling as an old qos setting could be causing the issue

Message 2 of 3

Re: r6700 v3 poor router performance after getting fiber optic service

@Turborat wrote:

So i had fiber optic service installed yesterday

As you have changed your internet service, you should reset the router and set it up from scratch. You need it to forget any settings it inherited from your old service.

... before switching services over (from broadband) i took a speed reading via the netgear nighthawk app and my readings were 222mbps download and 11.94 upload and after fiber optic install my numbers were 151 download and 6.73 upload. all my updates are installed. and my readings at my on a hardwired pc are 500 download and 500 upload so it appears there is a wi/fi issue. any suggestions?

It is hard to know what you are asking about here. What do you mean by " poor router performance"?

Is the wifi too slow? Or is it the wired connection?

What broadband speed do you pay for? Is it a lot faster than the 500 Mbps you get?

If you are talking about wifi, you can have as fast a broadband service as you like, but that will not make your wifi go faster. That is down to the wireless technology in your wifi clients.

It might be worth a bit of background reading.

Understand Wi-Fi 4/5/6 (802.11 n/ac/ad/ax)

@duckware knows their stuff and can bust a few myths and cut through marketing hype.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series